The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok help... I think I have a problem.. I have been alittle spend happy on aquabid.com and I want to make sure I am going to be ok and I promise to stop lol.

I currently have: 15 exclaimation point rasboras, 7 fire red shrimp, and 3 dwarf cories in my 10 gallon. I just purchased a single male scarlet Badis and a single male blue stiphodon goby... I couldn't resist. As long as I don't stock anything else- I should be ok right??! I'm not lazy with water changes and check water parameters daily. It's pretty well planted at the moment. Advice please? I have a 23 gallon sitting idle at the moment and if I HAD to set it up I could

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I would set up the larger tank. Not only does it give you more real estate for underwater gardening, it will provide more stable water parameters, and reduce tension and territorial behaviour.

You could keep the old one running as a hospital/quarantine tank.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would say that you probably need to start a cycle going on the 23 gallon and transfer some of that stock when it completes. You look to be a bit on the heavy side stock-wise.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah, I don't think you're in the "danger zone"......but if you have the other one handy - then I would swap to that one.

Maybe swap the Scarlet Badis and Goby over to the 23, while adding a school of slightly larger nano fish ( CPDs or Ember Tetras maybe) - and then you will have two tanks stocked with great variety!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.