The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Planted some dwarf baby tears, Monte Carlo, minuta, rotala pearl mini, fissidens geppi and Alternanthera Reineckii mini.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Planted on March 26th I think, ordered co2 and ei dosing supplies.
Got them installed on March 30 and just picked up some timers, time to start!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I were to recommend anything to a new high tech tank it would be....
Keep it without inhabitants! Play your lighting and co2 to keep the alge away. Play the dosing and find the balance. Let the plants grow and then get inhabitants.
I have been able to notice algae, adjust light and co2 in just one day (day by day) and reverse the problems.
This tank is only. A week or so old and I'm already learning its needs and traits.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hob filter was added for circulation. The non dwarf baby tears were added for biological and nutritional balance, both will be removed eventually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mastertech that is one magnificent planted tank. Very very beautiful.
I apologize for asking this question in your thread. I couldn't find out how to start a new one. I just started a 10 gallon tank which includes LED lighting, bio wheel filter, heater, gravel, air pump, thermometer, and a sticker thermometer. I've treated the tap water with API Stress Coat then I used API Quick start which for those who don't know is a bacteria supplement that "Allows Instant Addition of Fish." I find this hard to believe because I've poured the amount in (10 ml per 10 g) and have had no results in reducing ammonia. I've had the tank set up with this solution since Saturday, seven days ago. My question is, why isn't my ammonia levels decreasing?

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts