The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so it's been a while since I've had any type of aquarium since graduating and starting work, about 8-9 years would be my guess! Given the lockdown and everything going on, I decided now would be a good time to get back in the hobby to make use of all my free time and have a distraction, so here it is.

Almost everything I got was very much on impulse and from stores available to me locally, and everything else I couldn't get ordered online.

Equipment:
10g WaterBox rimless tank
Fluval Plant 3.0 light
Finnex PX-360 filter
GLA paintball CO2 regulator
Fertilizer set from GLA
Fluval Fluorite, a bag of sand and a bag of standard

Plants:
HC
Crypt Parva
Erio Sulawesi
Fissidens Splach

For the scape, I'm just using four pieces of dragon stone I got from my local shop.

So here's what's up.
I planted the HC and Crypt Parva on Monday (8/24), and the Erio and Fissidens the day after (8/25). The HC and Crypt Parva were grown in a tissue/gel substrate, so I was ready for some initial die off after planting. I was less worried about the Erio and Fissidens. As expected, I saw the HC and Crypts melt a lot, but have started seeing some bounce back today. The Erio and and Fissidens haven't really been changing too much since planting, but it hasn't even been a week yet so I'm not expecting anything.

For the light, CO2, and ferts, I have the lights fully on for 11 hours a day, CO2 following the same schedule as the lights, and dosing ferts once a day.

Only took a few pictures so far. Foreground is HC, back left is the Crypt Parva, back right is the Erio, and I kind of just stuffed the Fissidens into the holes on the larger two rocks on the right side.

Thanks for checking in and will post updates when progress is made!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.