The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's a nice looking piece of wood. You'll get stronger impact from it if you put it slightly off center (about 1/3 to 40% from the end).

Your plants look nice and healthy. They'll look fuller if you group like plants together rather than spreading single stems of each around the tank.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lol did you get that piece of manzanita from SeaScape? I went down there last week, and was browsing through their selection, and could have sworn that I passed over that specimen.

I also agree that you might want to consider shifting that piece of wood and grouping your stem plants to make things a little bushier. Oh, and what species of fish do you have in there? All I can see is a blur. Great start!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey,
I did a water change about 3 hours prior but that is usually how the water always looks. Ive noticed if you get a filter that is designed for a bigger tank the water always loks much better. i was thinking that the plants would look better together as well. I will chnge it up a little bit and post more pictures. Thanks for all you advice keep posting!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uriah Heep, The floating plants are called Salvinia minima. The have little hairs on the leafs. I got them from Jubs. he will probably sell you a handful if you PM him.

Cheryl and agrippa, Thanks for the suggestion about the plant grouping and the driftwood. i will do something with it.

Agrippa, Thats awesome that you live in the Springs too. Nice to know someone else into planted tanks lives around here. I would be interested in trading you some of my plants for yours. We probably have the same stuff though since seascape doesn't have that many good plants. The fish that i have in here are 2 german rams, 2 ottos, couple of ghost shrimp, and 2 Pinocchio shrimp. PM me if you want to trade. BTW whats manzanita? lol..

·
Registered
205 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.