The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had this tank from the start. It was the tank the started it all and survived all my beginner mistakes. Eventually, I moved on to a 29 gallon in college, and this 10 gallon became a project tank that let me dabble a bit before moving on to bigger projects.

The first project was a 10 gallon red cherry shrimp colony. It ran on one large Biowheel 150, two sponge filters, and black sand. Most of the original tank still remains, but it has gone through a lot of changes, surviving two crashes to end up in the state it stands now.

Keep in mind that this tank was never meant to be a planted tank, it was supposed to just be a moss and shrimp tank but my time here got me to experiment with plants that spread on to other tanks. The current ongoing project: transitioning to a higher tech planted tank with shrimp. Eventually the substrate will be changed out to something more beneficial for the plants and the last sponge filter will be removed.

TL;DR: The tank that got me started in shrimp and plants is still constantly helping me move forward. Currently, testing shrimp + fish and shrimp + higher tech planted setup.

Equipment:
-Biowheel 150
-Large Sponge Filter
-Generic 10gallon hood with 2x 23w 6500k bulbs and a DIY foil reflector
-Milwaukee MA957 Regulator
-10lb CO2 Tank

Fish and Shrimp:
-6 CPDS - 2 survived the last crash that occurred while I studied for the bar
-3 Chili Rasboras - 2 original survivors
- Fire Red Shrimp colony supplemented with PFR, Sakura and other grades of cherries. Basically a small surviving colony supplemented with some PFR that will be culled soon.
- 2 Thai Micro Crabs

Plants:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently my CPD have been breeding and their eggs have hatched. I saw a small CPD fry swimming around the tank when I went to remove some floaters. I wish I would have known sooner, but I guess the micro worms I have been feeding them induced some breeding.

Now to catch a CPD fry with my camera.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts