The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been browsing this forum for a while and am now setting up my first heavily planted tank. I have a low lighting and low tech setup in mind, with some seachem flourish tabs.
These are the plants that I have in mind: amazon sword, crypt wendtii and willisii, four leaf clover, pygmy crypts, crypt parva, cabomba, java moss, pygmy chain sword, wisteria and brazilian pennywort....
I know it seems like a lot of plants for a 10 gallon, and it is lol, but I was planning ahead because I highly doubt my lfs has all of those, but if they do...lol whatever...I will cut some off by health and price, and what I feel like for that day lol
so I was just wondering if anybody agreed with this for a low-med lighted tank in the low tech setup.
thanks in advance:proud:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi, I've been browsing this forum for a while and am now setting up my first heavily planted tank. I have a low lighting and low tech setup in mind, with some seachem flourish tabs.
These are the plants that I have in mind: amazon sword, crypt wendtii and willisii, four leaf clover, pygmy crypts, crypt parva, cabomba, java moss, pygmy chain sword, wisteria and brazilian pennywort....
I know it seems like a lot of plants for a 10 gallon, and it is lol, but I was planning ahead because I highly doubt my lfs has all of those, but if they do...lol whatever...I will cut some off by health and price, and what I feel like for that day lol
so I was just wondering if anybody agreed with this for a low-med lighted tank in the low tech setup.
thanks in advance:proud:
watch out with the swords :p most get way too big for a 10g. i should know, because i made the mistake :p i bought one from petsmart that looked cool then, but was actually the emersed form. when new leaves grew in the thing got gigantic and took over the tank :icon_lol:

·
Registered
300 Posts
You can always sell or RAOK your Sword when it gets to big. I have a Collectoritis 10g.

Low Tech/Low Light Shrimp tank
C. Wendti
C. Lucens ?
Dwarf chain sword
Ludwigia repens ?
Myriophyllium mattagrossense
Var mosses
Bacopa
Dwarf Tiger Lotus Lily
And a few others from club meets.

My Shrimp jungle will get trimmed tomorrow but this is how it looks today.

Plant Plant community Vertebrate Leaf Water

·
Registered
618 Posts
You can always sell or RAOK your Sword when it gets to big. I have a Collectoritis 10g.

Low Tech/Low Light Shrimp tank
C. Wendti
C. Lucens ?
Dwarf chain sword
Ludwigia repens ?
Myriophyllium mattagrossense
Var mosses
Bacopa
Dwarf Tiger Lotus Lily
And a few others from club meets.

My Shrimp jungle will get trimmed tomorrow but this is how it looks today.

View attachment 34729
mine is like yours. i bought a million different plants and threw em all in :hihi:

this is an old picture from when it was a jungle. right now it looks kind of ratty as i have removed a bunch of plants that were just too much for the tank. i have nicer ones, but photobucket won't let me upload them without converting them and i don't want to get into that.

plant list is:

amazon sword (way too big), flame moss, downoi, blyxa japonica, java fern, giant duckweed, bacopa caroliniana (way too big), red ludwigia (way too big), spiral vallisneria, marsilea hirsuta and another type of sword.

i wish i had done some aquascaping/planning... i just bought a bunch of plants and threw them all in together. i still like it though :icon_smil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.