1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
It grows like a weed once established.

What setup are you running?
Do you dose?
Run pressurized co2?
What substrate do you have?
Lighting?

This plant carpets kinda strange. It forms together more like a push than say grass. On several occasions ive pulled an entire mat of this stuff up, moved it, placed it, threw on some rocks as anchors, and it re_rooted.
It never gets so compact that aerobic gases form or anything. Unlike when i uprooted a mat of baby tears馃様
5.5 with occasional excel and t5no coralife light (24 inch) and standard petco black sand and osmocote tabs. I think my problem is my floaters. My salvinia minima is so fast growing I get a tank cover every 4 days and I rip 90 percent out each time. H. Japan has always been a plant I have trouble growing. I'm thinking of putting it in my mini-m in my signature and see if it does well in there instead. Same ferts but higher light

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Registered
My apple snail recently died and he had a lot of pits in his shell as well. I live in Oregon and we tend to have VERY soft water so I could understand the pits. I leave all "smooshed" pond snails and other dead snail shells in my aquarium (mainly due to not being able to suck them up) so my hardness can raise up a little. Not sure why he passed but I have a strange feeling it was my assassin snails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.