The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asembled a small tank that has plants above, using the filter as a "vase". The filter is a Tetra Wonder that I found at Petsmart for 14 bucks.

Anyhow, I have it in a 10 gallong frameless handbuilt tank. I added a 20" coralife and suspended it by adding glass walls to the sides. Currently they sit on about 4 inches of a stacked slate kind of flat rock.

I still have plants to set in the tank, but I thought I would share.

chaz

·
Registered
974 Posts
interesting concept and idea :)
what do you plan keeping in the tank? Fish only?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I really like the idea on this one. The planter looks great (is it premade or hand crafted, looks like a sculpture). The female bettas look nice in there (i'm going to do a female betta based planted tank in the coming months).

What other plants are you going to use in there, i imagine given time you could get some moss to grow on or up the planter giving it a more aged look.
Just a thought.

Keep up the pics i'd love to see how this one progresses :).

Jason

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "scuplture" is a Tetra Wonder, who makes these for 10 and 20 gallon tanks. I found it on closeout at petsmart for 14 bucks. They retail for like 40 dollars. They have one that looks like a stump but they did have those in the store, so I went with the rock. The filter allows the water to spill over the front of the unit to look like a waterfall.

I have some cats and female bettas in it. Not sure what other plants I will add, just have some Naja and anacharis for now. Will probably add some of my small anubias this weekend. Not sure about other fish, but would like to add something exotic.

Please let me know on other ideas.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
cool, interesting idea.
One suggestion, i would put 56k warning on the title of the thread, these are some big pics dude.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Great idea, nice setup, and nice find on that filter ;) I like the moss growing on the rock/filter idea :D Maybe you can add some emmersed moss at the top too ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts