The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should I move around, take out, add, etc... help me.

most recent pic has a heater in way I know... but try to imagen what it looks like thanks... going to visit tank tomorrow and work on it...

here's a really recent one without heater but less clipped plants and dwarf tiger lotus has few leafs that I clipped off now so their not there anymore

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree, add some water and then place something that is more of a focal point in your tank. Your plants do look awesome, I am hoping my dwarf hairgrass will turn out like yours...it is dwarf hairgrass right? Try placing a rock of driftwood just off center that might help a bit. I am still new at this so take my advice for what its worth.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya that's dwarf hairgrass, it's soooo dense and gets really really green when I do CO2 injection... I have a regulator brand name one, can't remember name probably jbj or whatever the automatic one is that screws into a 20 oz paintball canister but it's not consistent, the pressure coming out of line to bubble ladder drops so bubbles per second get slower and slower till they just stop... so I need to get a real 5 lb tank for the regulator and then I'll be fine, usually (like right now) I just leave the tank no c02 injection and drop some flourish fertilizers in there and there's never really any algae because there's such a giant plant load... but once I get that 5 lb tank soon I'm gonna be having really colorful plants w/ an awesome lawn of dwarf hairgrass... the plants grow soooo fast in there because it has 95 watts CF lighting in just 10 gallons of water... it's pretty crazy that I have that much light w/ almost no algae issues..

when I was getting the tank started I was really excited but just got negative feedback about my light and how powerful it was for the tank but I proved 90% of the users comments wrong.

it was a piece of cake...

problem now is planting the stem plants close enough together, figuring out a decent scape... and I didn't slop my ada soil that much so I'll have to trim plants to create depth...

ya, I suppose it does need some drift wood... once I get c02 i'll do a fatty water change, trim the grass, and probably move ALL of my stem plants around to create a decent scape... maybe I can move them all to once side or follow one of amano's formations... probably what I will do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.