The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screenshot_20210402-211115.png

Getting this set up a gift, my cousin ordered it and decided she didn't want it. Any ideas? Doesn't come with any hardscape, not sure if I have to cap the soil and am very interested in seeing how this CO2 set up is going to work. I'll start a journal once I get started.

·
Registered
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
276 Posts
FInd out what plants they are first, probably. Maybe to want to connect them to stuff, maybe not. Maybe where they need to be or how tall or where the space they take up may be a factor. Or do you not care? and get different ones if needed?

just starting there since it's nano.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FInd out what plants they are first, probably. Maybe to want to connect them to stuff, maybe not. Maybe where they need to be or how tall or where the space they take up may be a factor. Or do you not care? and get different ones if needed?

just starting there since it's nano.
From the looks of the sample cultures they had in stock it's most likely going to be hair grass (not dhg), a couple forms of rotala, dwarf sag and four leaf clover. I'm honestly not too attached to any of the plants and am taking suggestions/ inspiration on that as well. I'll probably keep the rotala and hair grass- honestly, looking at their site I wouldn't be surprised if their cultures don't make it. I've been looking through tank journals here and on Reedit and the only 2 groups of livestock I'm against is livebearers and killifish. Was thinking of going with a betta, 5 neon green rasbora, 3 panda cory and a couple snails but there's a part of me that wants to go with a community shrimp tank- my tap water parameters are already "soft" (gh 2 ph 6.5-6.8) so I might have issues with inverts, though I've never had an issue keeping snails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts