The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently redid my old 10 gallon tank to make it more shrimp friendly. I decided to make a journal this time to help me keep track of this tanks progress. Here are the specifics:
10 Gallon
Aquaclear 30 for filtration as well as a sponge filter
2x 13 watt cfls for lighting
Hydor Theo 50 watt heater
Activ Flora substrate
Plants include Java fern, dwarf sag and various types of crypts eventually.
My goal is to keep this tank super low tech with no plants I need to trim. It will eventually house my PFR colony that is in my 29 gallon after it builds up some more biofilm. I know it looks empty right now but the dwarf sag should quickly start spreading runners and the crypts on the left should bounce back.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You will need to place some type of sponge on the intake of the filter, so no shrimp get sucked up. Otherwise I think it looks great, I like simple when it comes to shrimp tanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to place some type of sponge on the intake of the filter, so no shrimp get sucked up. Otherwise I think it looks great, I like simple when it comes to shrimp tanks.

Ya, I have a stainless steel prefilter that I will put on before I actually add the shrimp

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw my first baby shrimp today but I can only find one. Hopefully there are others hiding and I have a better survival rate than just one shrimp. Another female is berried and I put a slice of zucchini in. I havnt done a water change since the shrimp have been added but I plan on doing one this weekend. Everything else is going great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.