The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I wanted to do here was create a tank that was able to capture harmony between nature, and man. I found no better object to portray this, than bricks. In this image, bricks simbalize man, as a whole, this tank sybolizes the "harmony" of both nature, and of innovation.

Equipment:
10 Gallon AGA
Lighting: 26 watts of misc. flourescent lighting
Co2 from a 2 liter juice bottle fed through an airstone into filter intake
Ferts: Dose 1-3 drops/gallon/day of aquarium fertalizers own (poor mans pack)

Flora:
Riccia on driftwood and in bricks
Echinodorus Qaudricostatus- front left midground
Anubius Nana in centerpeice bricks
Crypt Beckitti- backround, should (hopefully) fill out well
Ludwigia repens, backround right side-nice color!
Java Fern, in the back leftmost corner. Alot of it!

Fauna:
6) Juvi's Pelivic Pulcher- easy my new favorite fish
2) Pairs of fancy guppies

Pics are really dark for some reason (tank is bright :?)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been wanting to set up a tank portraying what streams look like in nature...but with human interaction sort of like what you have done.

As to why your photographs are dark it is because you are using a flash when taking a photograph. the best time to take a picture of an aquarium is when it is night time. make sure all the lights are off in the room and you have a tripod for your camera. if you can, set a time delay of a few seconds when taking the photo. Without a flash the photograph will be nice, clean, crisp and most importantly bright.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try that tonight. Although I dont have a tripod, I'm sure I can rig something up to keep it steady.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
How did you read my mind! For the past week I have been imagining aquariums with bricks and here one is! It'll look really nice when it all grows in, nice work!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This will look very interesting once it really grows and fills in. Right now, I don't feel any harmony from this scape. The broken bricks scream "destruction" to me. I think of fallen empires, destroyed buildings, crumbling human construction.

I'd like to see this tank overgrown with dwarf sag, E.tennelus, and hydroctle growing in vines over and across the bricks, it would make me think of nature taking back the earth. Maybe some tall crypts in the background, arching over toward the front. Moss and a light dusting of algae growing over the bricks. You might consider adding some weeping or xmas moss to the sticks or bricks, so that it trails down and around.

Nice to see something different on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts