The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm in the final planning stages of setting up a 10 gallon tank and I need a little advice. I've got some curly willow that I was thinking about using in the hardscape, but I'm not sure if I like the look of it.
So my question to you guys is driftwood or no?
Also, would you move anything around?
Wood Curtain Display case Art Glass

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The branch looks good. It being willow probably not so good. I tried to get some willow to sink once and after 3 months have up. It also decomposed extremely rapidly, and will likely do the same in an aquarium. You're welcome to try, but it probably isn't going to last very long

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would recommend trying to find some driftwood to use instead of the willow. Non-driftwood will decompose over time and can cause toxins to leak out into your tank, such as pesticides that were sprayed on the wood at some point in time.

It is definitely possible to use wood from the yard, but it isn't advised. Is there any way you can document your experience with the non-driftwood for us if you do end up using it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, seems like my choice of wood is probably not wise. After reading the previous posts I decided to boil the branches and see how they held up. Unfortunately they became really mushy........probably not a good sign.
Does anybody know of an alternative wood that I could use that has a similar look to it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.