The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it started as a 33 gallon tank with just pool filter sand, and since i found a possible tiny small leak, i temporarily moved everything to my 10 gallon. when everything was in there, i discovered i liked that alot better.

heres the 33.

and the new 10 gallon with black flourite substrate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update!

the snails have taken over... really sucks, but i dont know how to get rid of em. i had a clown (brain fart). i cant think of the name. the ones that supposedly eat all the snails. the name just isnt coming to me... but yeah, i had one, and it didnt do anything and eventually died. but i did get cherry shrimp, a new pleco, a balloon ram, and some new plants...

i think the plants are a lil uneven. there might be to much on the left side, but im not sure if the wood makes up for it enough...

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I think you meen a Clown Loach. They eat snails, but they are a schooling fish and would out grow a 10g. Looks nice!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wouldn't add more fish just to take care of the snails. usually snails mean that there is plenty of food left over so can be controlled by just feeding less. Another easy way of removing snails is to get a clean leaf of lettuce and leave it in the tank overnight. in the morning it will be covered with snails. Just remove the leaf and toss it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will assassin snails really work?? and i tried the lettuce thing, but with cucumber. my bristlenose liked it better...

and i know the pleco will get bigger. i have another tank im setting up. will it get HUGE, or just kinda big. butnot as big as normal plecos right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
will assassin snails really work?? and i tried the lettuce thing, but with cucumber. my bristlenose liked it better...

and i know the pleco will get bigger. i have another tank im setting up. will it get HUGE, or just kinda big. butnot as big as normal plecos right?
Assassin snails do work really well. They'll really keep a pond snail population under control.

A bristlenose pleco will max out at about 5-6 inches in size. A "common" pleco can grow up to two feet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.