The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently set up a patio pond 17.5 gal pot outdoors for my guppy colony that used to live in my 10 gal. Now looking at the empty 10 gal I would like to add another fish to it. preferably a new breeding project. I would love to try a dwarf cichlid but I am wondering if the tank is too small? my ph is around 7.6 - 7.9. So kinda high. Is that range ok for some types?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
That may be a bit high to get dwarfs other than Kribensis and possibly Blue Rams in the mood. A single pair in a 10g should be ok..should. It's probably better to try breeding Pseudomugils or one of the wild-type livebearers.

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like how gbrs look but I heard that they aren't hardy anymore? My other idea for this tank was to get are guppy strain like those blue dragon guppies?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like what type? Also what about a shell dweller species? But they seemed a little expensive......

·
Registered
20g aquarium with beginner plants and fish.
89 Posts
Like what type? Also what about a shell dweller species? But they seemed a little expensive......
Ohhh now that you say that I would go with neolamprolugus multi. These guys are awesome and I want to keep them sometime, I’m pretty sure they are relatively easy to breed as long as you have hard water and a high ph around 7-9.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any ideas where to get them? I don't want vendor reviews, but they are not available locally. In the WTB section, could you ask for vendor reviews?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.