The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we go again. I just revamped my 10 gallon tank. I got a new Penguin 100 GPH filter, a tank divider, some Flourite substrate, a few low lite plants and a new, brigher 15w bulb. I have 6 Cherries (2 are berried) on one side and 6 Zebras on the other, so there's not a real big chance of cross breeding.

We'll seee what comes of it .

Tommy

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just looking at another thread. It seems what I have are not Zebras but Diamonds. Will they cross breed with the Cherries?

Tommy

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, there's $10.00 wasted on a tank divider...:icon_lol:

Tommy

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Well if you want them divided then keep it, if you want them together then thats fine as well...

Cherries will cross with others such as Snowballs, Wild type, The blue tint snowballs... And other shrimp in that family

Diamonds will cross with, CRS, And also tigers...There are a few others I think but Can't recall at the moment what they are..

Either way you're fine.

So hows about some pictures?

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So hows about some pictures?

-Andrew
I'll pop up a few as soon as the tank is presentable. I only have 5 of each and I still haven't finished the plants yet and now that I'm going to remove the divider, it'll be stirred up a bit again.

Tommy

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before picture = empty 10 gallon tank.:icon_lol:

Tommy

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I just quote them so I don't get yelled at if the information is wrong hehe But it does make sense ... doesn't it?
Nope, not really. Since you didn't leave the URL from where it was from... I have no idea what those shrimp will cross with from that quote. I personally know that it is a bit wrong though, and what they're talking about...

-Andrew

·
Registered
889 Posts
Nope, not really. Since you didn't leave the URL from where it was from... I have no idea what those shrimp will cross with from that quote. I personally know that it is a bit wrong though, and what they're talking about...

-Andrew
Oh it is talking about CRS ;) I would suppose that Diamonds (or Bees, Biene whatever you want to call them) cross with the same shrimp that CRS do ...

Link: Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp (Last Paragraph) I edited the quote a little btw.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I moved the Diamonds in with the Cherries. I also got some Rainbows from Evan @ Fishtown USA in Ramsey today. The wife wasn't too keen on it. "MORE shrimp?!" :icon_lol: They're now on "the other side" of the tank. I think they don't cross with the others either but until I find out they're on their own. I want to try to catch and positively ID the few Green shrimp I have in the 58 and move them into the shrimp tank. I'm trying to find out if any of the 4 types hybridize with the others. If not, the divider comes out!

Tommy

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update w/pic's

Finnaly shot some pic's.

Here's the tank:

A "Momma":

Foraging Diamond:

Tommy

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I don't get the huge pic thing. When I uploaded to Photobucket I set the max size for "website" so who knows.

Tommy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.