The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to redo my 10 gal because my old one had a leak. So i went out and bought a new 10 gal for $9.

Tank specs:
aquaclear filter
36 watt catalina lighting fixture
red sea co2
ada as subsrate

Hardscape:
rocks collected locally

Plants:
Hc only so far
will be adding ellochris acculrais(Sorry for the spelling) in the backround

Hc plantning
Full shot

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hey great looking tank so far. I am a great fan of Iwagumi tanks and 10 gallons. I will be watching this one. IMO, I think you need a little more substrate, and more slope. Did you get a 9 liter bag or a 3 liter bag?

Spelled Eleocharis Acicularis

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right that i need some more subsrate but i was pressed since i bought 3 9l bags for my 54 gallon along with PS. So i only used what was left over from the bags. But its plenty of subsrate for hc roots which will look nice once it fills in. Anybody know how long it will take until i get a nice carpet?

Well anyways i will keep this thread updated as the hc fills in and i will be getting the Eleocharis Acicularis tommorow.

·
Registered
676 Posts
personally to improve the rock placement I would shift the right hand stone so that the flat side is not parallell with the tank. Also I would unburry the two rocks on the left so that when the HC grows they will not get lost in the plants.

Other than that I think it looks like a great start, deffinately making the right choice with the Aquasoil.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nightshop, i understand what you are saying as that is what it looks like in the photo, but in actuallity the right hand rock is lined up diagnally with the tank as you can see from the top view.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I don't like the rocks. Arrangement isn't bad, just not a big fan of the color or the shape. Perhaps cover them with moss.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I recommend you slant the rock on the left a little more to the left, and bring it a tad bit more to the middle. Yah and I don't like the flatness of the rock on the right. Even if you say it is slanted a little, from the front view, it is flat. I recommend angles pointing to a common point.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I don't like the rocks. Arrangement isn't bad, just not a big fan of the color or the shape. Perhaps cover them with moss.
I'm the same way, It's more or less just a personal thing though a little too much contrast!

Other than that the tank looks great!

-Andrew

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Newest update with Eleocharis Acicularis planted. Sorry for the little bit cloudy water since i just planted. lmk what you think.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres an update:

Not really sure if my plants are growing. What do you think? I really want to see a nice hc carpet. Also i have found some greenish algae on my left rock. Any idea what thats from? Buts thats the only real algae if have sen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts