The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im going to vegas for spring for a whole week! im super excited but...

ihave a 20 long high tech co2 tank with ei dosing.

ihave never been out of town and left my tank a lone for so long. how should I manage ei dosin prior to leaving or what are some steps to make sure the tank is okay while im gone?

ihave neon tetras, blue eye forktail rainbows, and a swordtail with amano shrimp.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
For a week I wouldn't worry, do a water change before you leave and don't feed. Lights on a timer. Don't ask someone to do anything. Trust me easier to fast them and the plants they'll be fine

-Chris

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay thanks. ihave eveythn on a timer and hust refilled my co2 tank so everythn should be okay lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
so fertilize after water change and then leave light timer and everything as is? and don't feed the fish for a whole week?. Sounds simple enough

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
So Ive been away from home for 5 to 7 days many times. I have a high tech, press co2 and ei does. What I do is this

I will do a water change a week before the day I leave. Then, I will EI does till the day I leave. I leave my co2 on, since its not on a timer its on 24/7 (Its a ph co2 controller). The light is on a timer so I leave it alone. For a week you should have nooo problem. If you have nutrient gravel, that would buy you even more time. Till now, I always come back and my plants have grown so much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm VERY new to this, but I thought the concern would be for the fish. Will fish be okay for a week without food?...honest question.
If I had a high tech plant setup, I would turn off co2 and scale back the light...kind of like having a few cloudy, not so perfect days. I would assume they would be just fine.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I'm VERY new to this, but I thought the concern would be for the fish. Will fish be okay for a week without food?...honest question.
In a heavily planted tank, most fish could probably go a month or more very easily. They can survive off of eating the plants and aufwachs (biofilm) that grows on the plants.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts