The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thomas, it's Easter ~ everyone's probably busy with Easter dinners, egg hunts, church, family outings, etc.

(BTW, I watched the brouhaha lately and I'm glad you stayed.:thumbsup: Even though I'm still too much of a newbie to get much of it, I do like seeing all the interesting things you post about!)

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are a really weird animals. Body like a snake, but it has two arms in front and uses them like hands look at pic right behind head down alittle on level with eye. Breathes air from time to time and uses gills. I really don't think it would be easy to kill them by accident.

·
Registered
135 Posts
they are amphibians and the main way to kill then is by something injuring them (fish turtles ect) really bad water quality and the more typical way in captivity, they jump out of the tanks and desicate.

neat little animals though.

jason

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mr. ThomasWalls, try an amphibian board and check laws to where they are being shipped. Also you can try to sell them on amphibian boards, like caudata.org if you cannot sell them here.

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Pseudobranchus/Pseudobranchus.shtml
dwarf siren information.

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Siren/S_intermedia.shtml lesser siren infomation

that should be imporant to people buying so they know how to take care of it and what teo expect.
Sorry to hijack, but i saw people asking "wtf is a siren" above and I am an amphibian person (hence my name, AxolotlFarmer)

I don't recomend mixing with fish. Most people have problems with fish nipping on the fluffy feather-like external gills of aquatic salamanders.

Goodluck with the sirens

·
Registered
514 Posts
i had one, they'll eat very small fish ( so shrimps is on the list )

i had it in with some electric blue fry for overnight and came back with some missing. They also burrow allot if they're scared, so make sure your plants are secure. i had it escaped once from the tank sometime during the night and when i woke up, i found it under my computer desk...grabbed him (soooooo slimy) and placed him back in the tank.

when it get use to you, it'll let you hold it in or out of water....very, very cool and feels like a snake slithering in your hands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.