The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure this is blyxa japonica, however it doesnt look quite like my other blyxa japonica. Its leaves are a little broader, and it dosnt feel quite the same.

Here is the pic.

Sorry the pic isnt the best. Tank is cloudy from planting.

Thanks for looking.

·
Returning. Videotapes.
1,389 Posts
Blyxa aubertii in a early stage of growth? Could explain why it looks like blyxa japonica but has broader leaves.

If it is Blyxa japonica which it probably is, it will come back just fine if you have the right light and ferts.....no problems!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my older, more mature (got it about a month ago) japonica in the same tank. Hopefully I can get it to come back and look like this. I dose Greg Watson ferts, aquasoil is substrate, pressurized CO2, and pleanty of lighting.

That is what it *should* look like, correct?

Thanks again for the help yall. I am def going to keep my fingers crossed!

And excuse the SAE, he loves to have his pic taken. He is in more than 1/2 my shots, even when Im trying NOT to shoot him.

·
Returning. Videotapes.
1,389 Posts
Yup.....nice and pretty like that. It will get bigger, though! I have some with leaves that are 8" or bigger from the center of the crown. And yes, it is japonica, not abuertii.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.