The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know when the next sale will be happening? I'm wanting to upgrade my 29g to a nice 55g..so any clues any one??

·
Registered
752 Posts
Go for a 40 breeder if you want to do planted. It's a lot more fun.

To explain:

A 40 Breeder has a footprint that is 72 sq inches greater than the 55. It may not hold as much water, but it has more area to Aquascape.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would concur about the 40 breeder....I'd dump both my 55's for a couple more 40's

·
Registered
618 Posts
Go for a 40 breeder if you want to do planted. It's a lot more fun.

To explain:

A 40 Breeder has a footprint that is 72 sq inches greater than the 55. It may not hold as much water, but it has more area to Aquascape.

I do want to do planted!! To change my 29g to a bigger set up..and I didn't think about it that way.. I just though about it 55g it's bigger lol..but I forget that the shape/style of the tank

If they keep up the quarterly schedule, next one will be end up March - April
I would concur about the 40 breeder....I'd dump both my 55's for a couple more 40's
Unconfirmed sources online say the next sale starts March 21st
Wooohoooo that's really super close!!! I hope it is true because I got a canister coming in!! And my store has GBR's in for 5 buck so I want to pick up a few to sit in the 29g while the bigger tank gets cycled woohoo though thanks for the info!! Well let's hope it is though

·
Registered
752 Posts
When you get that canister run it on your 29 with your current filter. And if the sale occurs next week and you pick up a 40 swap both filters if you're swapping tanks. That way you can avoid a mini cycle.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you get that canister run it on your 29 with your current filter. And if the sale occurs next week and you pick up a 40 swap both filters if you're swapping tanks. That way you can avoid a mini cycle.

Of course of course! well I was planning on running the canister and my AC70 HOB on the 40g at all times any ways! but Ya more then likely I'll set the canister to start on the 29g just to at least get some water running through there while I set up the whole 40 any ways.! but lets just see if the sale happens or not!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Wooohoooo that's really super close!!! I hope it is true because I got a canister coming in!!
I don't think the 40g Breeders go on the 1$ sale. In my town, it's only 10, 29 & 55. Both Pet Supplies Plus, and Petco have never put the other size tanks on that 1$ sale. I wish they would. Also, the 40g's are rarely in stock at my stores. Petsmart carries them, but they never have that sale (where I live). You might want to call them and find out for sure.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Petco is a national corporate company. The sale is the same everywhere so if they aren't honoring it call corporate.

The 40 Gallon tanks have been part of the sale for as long as I can remember.

And it's one of the sizes listed on the website flyer from January.

http://www.petco.com/shop/PetcoNoLe...ore/en_US/pet-services/dollar-per-gallon.html
Wooohoooo that's really super close!!! I hope it is true because I got a canister coming in!!
I don't think the 40g Breeders go on the 1$ sale. In my town, it's only 10, 29 & 55. Both Pet Supplies Plus, and Petco have never put the other size tanks on that 1$ sale. I wish they would. Also, the 40g's are rarely in stock at my stores. Petsmart carries them, but they never have that sale (where I live). You might want to call them and find out for sure.

True very true I would call them on it.. I know from my stores they do all the sizes mentioned..plus I live in Cali that might make a difference..I've never heard of pets supply plus out here before..but my stores..I have 3 and 3 of petsmarts and Petco around me there usually always low stock on the 55g and 10g seems like they try to get rid of the 29g through to 40g...they have some other weird sizes they put out on the floor and try to get rid of them too..

·
Registered
887 Posts
Petco..

Petsmart..

Pet Supplies Plus..

all 3 do the same $1 per gallon sale.. different times of year.. just check their websites regularly..

·
Registered
164 Posts
A 40 breeder is actually 44.9 Gallons and a 55 is 52.4 Gallons, so there is only really a 7.5 gallon difference, not a 15.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Petco is a national corporate company. The sale is the same everywhere so if they aren't honoring it call corporate.

The 40 Gallon tanks have been part of the sale for as long as I can remember.

And it's one of the sizes listed on the website flyer from January.

http://www.petco.com/shop/PetcoNoLe...ore/en_US/pet-services/dollar-per-gallon.html
That's their 40g not the 40 breeder. The 40g is tall and the 40 breeder is long. That's why they aren't available as often. I called petco, They can order the 40 breeder, however. But they don't put it on the sale for 1$.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's their 40g not the 40 breeder. The 40g is tall and the 40 breeder is long. That's why they aren't available as often. I called petsmart. They can order the 40 breeder, however. But they don't put it on the sale for 1$.
I've never been to a PetSmart one dollar per gallon sale. I've always purchased my tank when I do that at Petco.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've never been to a PetSmart one dollar per gallon sale. I've always purchased my tank when I do that at Petco.

Yea, I edited to state 'petco', not petsmart. My mistake. Although, I have seen one returned 40B at petsmart for just over 40 dollars on sale. They are harder to find.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yea, I edited to state 'petco', not petsmart. My mistake. Although, I have seen one returned 40B at petsmart for just over 40 dollars on sale. They are harder to find.
I bought my last 40 breeder at Petco I bought my current one on clearance at PetSmart. I was in my local Petco this morning and they had over 15 40 breeders out.

I do understand that stock is different in a variety of stores but the 40B has always been on sale for the dollar gallon here in this area at Petco.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's their 40g not the 40 breeder. The 40g is tall and the 40 breeder is long. That's why they aren't available as often. I called petco, They can order the 40 breeder, however. But they don't put it on the sale for 1$.

hmmm from what I remember my petco does the long fat wide ones.. not tall..but I could be wrong..just have to check and see when the sale comes on to be 100% sure

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
hmmm from what I remember my petco does the long fat wide ones.. not tall..but I could be wrong..just have to check and see when the sale comes on to be 100% sure
I really want a 40B too, so maybe sweet talking the manager into ordering one under the 1$ gallon price is in order...:wink2: They may not know the difference?

Bump:
I bought my last 40 breeder at Petco I bought my current one on clearance at PetSmart. I was in my local Petco this morning and they had over 15 40 breeders out.

I do understand that stock is different in a variety of stores but the 40B has always been on sale for the dollar gallon here in this area at Petco.

So jealous! I should have picked up that 40B on sale when I had the chance.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I really want a 40B too, so maybe sweet talking the manager into ordering one under the 1$ gallon price is in order...:wink2: They may not know the difference?

Bump:
So jealous! I should have picked up that 40B on sale when I had the chance.
I was actually looking for like a 20 gallon to split the guppy tank I had bought into and I stumbled into the 40 breeder for $48 on clearance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts