The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my one and only tank... a 1.6 Gallon hex. whisper 3 submersible filter, no external light... it is in my bathroom and gets 3-4 hours of good sun each day.
In it, I have a clear algae eating shrimp, a betta, and lots of assorted java ferns. Hope you like it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...bump...

What does everyone think? I am more into reptiles but this is my new project. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
889 Posts
It looks very nice and your Betta is beautiful. That is some nice Java Fern. I believe your "clear algae eating shrimp" is a Ghost Shrimp (also known as glass or grass shrimp).

I too like reptiles very much. My first tank was a 55 gallon turtle tank which I still have :) And I also recently sold my 1 year old Male Veiled Chameleon :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool, guys. Thanks for the nice words. The java is about 50/50 normal and lace. Most of it was bought from aquadise on ebay. I have heard mixed reviews about them, but I must say they have great java. I ordered it two separate times from them. There is also one random crypt growing in there as well.
My reptiles include a Schnieder's skink, a Thayeri kingsnake, 2 ball pythons, a carpet python, a spotted python, and a macklott's python. I also have one white kitty.
I have been considering lighting this tank but dont know if the small light I could fit on top would make a difference, since it already gets a few hours of sunlight each day. Could I do anything useful that would still be relatively cheap?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Cool idea. IMHO the red gravel detracts from the natural beauty of the plants and the betta though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts