The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone even use 02 tubing (for ventilation or oxygen equipment like in hospitals) for airline in aquariums? Would there be any reason it wouldn't be safe to do so? This is assuming it's the right size and fits air pumps, of course...

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
I have never used it before, but it should be fine for use. I would imagine not many people use it because of cost (tubing meant for medical applications will be more expensive due to stricter regulations compared with tubing meant for aquarium use).

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
The stuff I have specific for o2 has a rib on the inside of the tubing. It would render it useless for me. Don't buy it with out looking at it first. If you already have it, and it doesn't have the rib, I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It will work in some occasions, I use it for my crap tiny Tetra filter on my 1.5gal tank, and it does work. My cat likes to chew on the air hoses for that tank, so its way cheaper then buying "aquarium tubing". Even with fresh habanero peppers cut open and rubbed on the exposed tube, she still eats it. It DOESN'T work however when it comes to CO2 applications. Tried it for my DIY CO2 bottles, and for some reason nothing came out, switched to real aquarium airline, and it worked instantly.

I use the tubes my BF took with him after a string of hospital visits for breathing issues, and used the ones for the nebulizer treatments they gave him, and also have used the spare ones I have at home. Might as well :hihi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.