Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** 12/12 ***

The holding area is roughly a 2.5-3"cube
Ada aquasoil (amazonia II) mixed with eco-complete
a sprinkle of natural gravel for color
A few tiny pieces of slate
driftwood branches
And a couple of java ferns

Now sitting on my desk at work, getting Lots of sunshine. Depending how it goes, I might be adding more plants shortly. I need to do some trimming in my other tanks, so I should get some small plants out of it. and if the local aquascaping store gets their shipment in, i will probably be adding some moss (either flame or christmas moss)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Back to the office today and everything looked good.
The natural light looked like it may be starting to grow a little algae, so I added. Couple of stem plants and some java moss to help combat that. I also removed a couple of the java fern starters.
I may have to move it a little further from the window to reduce the amount of direct sunlight it gets, but once I find the right spot for it, there shouldn't be any problems.

·
Registered
584 Posts
--

the marine version of these size tanks is universally temporary on the web, lacking good science for long term life, but these planted fw ones are great Im sure and they appeal to me because they can work on this scale no problem. nice setup, we kept little open top ones about three times this size for ~seven years at work with african dwarf frogs, of course a few different frogs over the years due to the occasional leap to freedom but the actual substrate was never refreshed and it was algae free, very stable system. Your sealing should work even better this is very nice im sure it will mature well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tiny! I love it, looks like it's doing well so far. I tried a pico tank in a ~4"x4" glass cube, but no luck for me: it got taken over by algae within a week. Looks like yours is in the clear, though! As long as you can keep the algae in check, I think this little setup will be a winner.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
very cool little setup! You found just the perfect size bitty pieces of wood! I love it!

You should post it in this thread for nano tanks that gets resurrected every once in a while! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.