The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between Rohan and Zapins
Conversation Between Rohan and Zapins
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Zapins
    02-03-2016 03:00 PM - permalink
    Zapins
    Hey, I missed your message since was posted in the visitors section instead of PM. Detecting a CSM or trace toxicity directly is not really possible at the hobbyist level without sending in water samples for analysis. Instead there are two ways to assess the likelihood of a toxicity, the most important is to check how much you are dosing if it is under about 1-2 ppm (based on iron) then a toxicity is very unlikely. Then you must look at plant symptoms. If all plants in your tank are very damaged in new and old growth with many different types of damage then a toxicity is more likely.
  2. Rohan
    11-18-2015 06:14 AM - permalink
    Rohan
    Hello Zapins,

    I was reading your post on micro toxicity. It seems that without any instruments its difficult to diagnose whether a plant suffers from deficiency or toxicity. Any pointer on how to detect the toxicity?

    Regards,
    Rohan
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome