finally found MGOCPM at tractor supply.So I took the plunge and set this up.My wife did the hardscape,now I'll begin adding plants.this will be the home for our betta.
I screwed up and got too much water in the dirt the first time,had to scoop it all out,and some ended up mixed in the BDBS (also from TSC) that I used for a cap.
This is still the first filling,I haven't done a w/c yet,I'm going to test for ammonia,nitrates,nitrites,do a w/c and get the cycle started.
If this is as successful as I've heard,I might be doing all my tanks this way.I have lots of soil and bdbs left,and still spent less than a single bag on eco.5.49 for the dirt,9 for the bdbs.
I went 1 1/2 inches for dirt and cap.found out by sloping it,the air all bubbles out of the top of the hill.
Interested to see a dirted Tank take off.
Sent From My Google Pixel XL