The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Complete Beginner 10 Gallon (updated Feb 20, 2017)
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Turningdizzy
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerad Wilson View Post
Thanks for the info!

4 videos, 3 accidentally broken off leaves, two forum searches, and a spool of fishing line later, I have managed to crudely anchor the anubias to the driftwood. Hopefully they'll do better now.

I also purchased some stem plants at my local LLS for 4 dollars. They also threw in a random plant as well. I think it might be a crypt, but i'm not sure. I also moved the lights a bit so the anubias won't get too much light. Hopefully that is an ok temperary fix.

Can I superglue the anubias to the driftwood later? I read that some members have done that. The fishing line is kind of unsightly. Thanks!
Yes, you can use super glue. Use the gel type. If the anubias roots are long, I suggest trimming them to about 1/4". That will encourage the plant to grow new roots and anchor to the driftwood faster.
Make sure that any diffuser that you get doesn't need a high PSI to operate, you will not get the pressure that you need for that from DIY Co2.

A paranoid shrimp keeper, is a successful shrimp keeper.
10G Orange Rili
10G Orange Neo
10G Green Jade
10G Carbon Rili
10G Blue Dream
38G Red Cherry

Last edited by Turningdizzy; 02-15-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Add information

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome