Thread: Kolet66 nanos
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
kolet66
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Kolet66 nanos

Current as of 1/10/17

I'm an experienced fish keeper but I'm new to nano tanks and live plants. This tank I set up around 12/20. It's cycled but I haven't put any fauna in yet because I'm experimenting with plants in here right now. As you can see I picked some supposedly easy stuff. What you can't see in the most recent picture is those little moss balls that I've almost managed to kill. Grow moss balls they say...it'll be easy. Ha! Mine are now polka dot with brown. As far as tank journals go mine probably won't be all that exciting. The only modification I've done to the tank is to slice the carbon out of my filter cartridge. I'm logging here for myself so I can learn. I don't mind if you laugh at me ( hopefully with me). I hope you point out my errors, and give me some advice. I'm sure I'm going to kill some plants. In my other two nanos I have bettas, but in this one going to try something different. All these tanks are lo tech. This one is all stock. Eco complete substrate. I just started experimenting with Seachems Excel..which is why I'm chicken to add any fauna.

Flora: sad looking marimo moss balls
Java moss
Ludwigia SP red..also a little sad looking
Western milfoil
Anubias nana petite
Anubias hastifolia

I'm hoping to find something low growing in dark, dark green hue for up front left.
Initial set up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome