The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 180 Gallon Upgraded to a 220 Acrylic
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Daniel12490
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
180 Gallon Upgraded to a 220 Acrylic

Hi all,

So I traded my 180 gallon glass aquarium to someone on craigslist. I was moving down south so I could not risk a 180 gallon glass aquarium to survive that trip. Meanwhile, the acrylic tank owner said the tank scratched too easily for his liking and keeping a saltwater tank he preferred his corals to be closer to the light source. Thus, we made the swap with one another. I have never owned acrylic before, so I am unsure how I can disinfect the tank without damaging the acrylic. Since the tank is acrylic there is no silicone on the seams, so I am wondering, what should I look for to determine the strength of the tank. Lastly, any suggestions as to what I should keep in this tank?! I currently have four angelfish and a bunch of corys with four phantom tetras.

So far, I have built the stand for the tank using 2x6's as well as 4x4s for each corner and middle post of the tank. All I need to finish on the stand is wrapping the bottom of the stand with 2x6s and topping the tank with plywood.

Bump: Also, not too sure why my photos never posted originally lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fish_stand.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	704418  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fish_tank.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	704426  

Last edited by Daniel12490; 12-31-2016 at 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling