The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 60" 120 high tech community planted tank journal
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Tanks!
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Yes, thatís exactly what they do. I have no visible bubbles coming from the reactor.
Right; so... does your reactor atomize the bubbles? I mean... the bubbles come into the reactor pretty good sized, right? Do they then dissolve enough to be invisible to our eyes merely by spending time in the water column of the reactor?

IF SO...

Quote:
Yes, no diffuser, just running co2 directly into Cerges. I switched when I had an inline diffuser fail (crack open). The panic and water everywhere was enough for me to switch to a reactor. Iím not sure what you mean by running it right into the manifold?
Okay... so, on my tank, the diffuser allows me to put CO2 bubbles into the return of my canister filter "safely" (I devoutly hope and pray!). Then, it travels in the output water of the canister filter, up over the edge of my tank, and into a CPVC manifold: so, a straight shot down 26" to the bottom of the tank where it T's to six jets. The idea is to distribute water/CO2 to the tank, starting at substrate level.

There's a picture of the jets attached, as I was painting them. (Still haven't figured out how to embed pics. Sigh.) And then a picture of the tank. The manifold pipe is that center one you see against the background.

Quote:
I hope some of that helps. I just went higher tech about a year ago, and have been right where you are now. I'm still no expert by any means, and can only speak from personal experience, and the observations of how things have developed in my tank.
Well, first, THANKS FOR SHARING!!! And, secondly, your tanks looks GREAT! I hope I can approximate yours someday... (and figure out how to embed pics!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manifold.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	690705  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FTS 4.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	690713  

Tanks a bunch!

My current 120 tank journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marcia

Last edited by Tanks!; 11-15-2016 at 07:34 PM. Reason: add pic

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome