The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Potassium reference solution
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Fissure
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I am using EasyLife Fluid Filter Medium after each WC for a bit more then the actual water change. Not sure if this will help but I am atleast hoping it will help some. I know about the Cl in the tap but after using the easy lifes it goes from measurable on my tests to none measurable after a couple of hours so I am guessing it does something at least.
Unfortunately I do not have any possibility to install a RODI system where I live, my gf would kill me.
Did not realize the copper might pose a problem though but really not much I can do about it. Shrimp seems to be the first to react to copper but I have a steady pop of 100+ amanos in the tank.

Anyway what I really need help with is still the pinholes, might be tox. Sure as hell isnt lack of potassium in the water anyways.
And I still would like to make a potassium reference solution so I can verify my test kits.
Only thing I measured that seems to be low is Mg in the water. Might this cause the issues with pinholes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome