The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Potassium reference solution
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Fissure
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcielo lawrencia View Post
I've never used FlowGrow but the ratios look very wrong. The form of chelator also plays a large role in its availability. Weak chelators or unchelated metals will result in the metals' quick oxidation and precipitation, especially at higher pH. Thus, it needs to be dosed more frequently.

All I can say now is that micronutrient ratios matter more than the absolute dose. If the ratios are off, more needs to be added to supply enough of the relatively low metal to prevent its deficiency or it's induced deficiency. However, this just causes there to be excess of the high metal(s) which can cause toxicity. Some of that excess will be used by algae and other microbes but the rest will remain causing problems.
What about the other one then (The eisenvoldunger something), it has a much lower FE value and stronger chelators.
Do you have any form of available guidelines on how to dose micros instead? It seems to me you are saying we are dosing toxic levels with EI and we are clueless once again on how much ferts to add to the tanks since you offer nothing to replace it with? Does this also apply to other dosing regimes like PMDD etc?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome