The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Potassium reference solution
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Fissure
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Potassium reference solution

So I am having continued issues with pinholes in most of my plants, now the same issue is visible in my smaller 110L tank. Both tanks are dosed with EI daily. With a leaner Micro dosage to reach around 0.8 ppm iron at the end of each week.

I have read this and tried solutions before and everywhere you can read about pinholes it is always potassium missing. So I went ahead and got me a JBL K test kit and tested both my tanks. The kit tells me I have somewhere around 20-30 ppm K (the scale ends at 20ppm).
Either this test kit is totally worthless or my issue is not potassium deficiency. Will take some pics on affected leaves tonight.
So does anyone have any thought or tips regarding this, starting to get seriously frustrated to the point I am losing interest in the tank alltogether.

And like the topic says does anyone know how to make a potassium reference solution of lets say 15 or 20 ppm K? Have KNO3 and KH2PO4 at home and distilled water.

Growth is otherwise good in the tanks, but many leaves becomes ugly and I assume start leaking sugar and BBA attaches to the damaged leaves. Some plants does not have this issue like my Tiger lotus. Some got it real bad like Staurogyne repens.

Dosing KNO3, KH2PO4 and TNC Trace mix.
Will be replacing the TNC Trace with Aqua Rebell Mikro Basic - Eisenvolldunger (not a very international name) mostly due to better chelators (EDTA,DTPA HEEDTA).

Tank #1 - 500L (Pressurized CO2 at 30ppm, very high light)
KH - 6
GH - 5
NO3 - 25-30 ppm
K - 25-35 ppm
PO4 - 4,0 ppm
Fe - 1,5 ppm
Mg - 2,5

Tank #2 - 110L (Pressurized CO2 at 30ppm, medium light)
KH - 5
GH - 2-3
NO3 - 30 ppm
K - 25 ppm
PO4 - 2,0 ppm
Fe - 0,6 ppm
Mg - 1,5 ppm

Some help to finally get rid of these godamn holes would be really appriciated !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome