The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Best filters for 10 gallon
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 04:25 AM
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattern8 View Post
I have to say that I am incredibly pleased with my aqua clear filters. Technically they're Fluval Edge but really just aqua clear rebranded. I've had them up and running for almost 7 years. I just had to replace a $4,000 fridge that didn't last as long. I've had almost no problem with them and they're super quiet.

One question for Seattle aquarist: if you are attempting maximum bio filtration why double up on the sponge filter media instead of the ceramic node packs? Do you believe the sponges facultate the beneficial bacteria better than the ceramic?
Hi Pattern8,

My oldest Aquarclear was vintage 1983 and was replaced two years ago.

I just use sponges because they are easier to clean. I use ceramic in my canister filters along with sponges.

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome