The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Emersed Aquaponics setup(brainstorm)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
azazan
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Emersed Aquaponics setup(brainstorm)

Okay, so i've got quite a large emersed setup, however, Lately i noticed my plants arent doing that great, probably because of the temperature(they are in the basement). So instead of heating the entire room, i thought i'd make water flow through inert substrate(probably hydroballs, and thick grain sand for the carpetting plants)

Now, my emersed rack has 3 layers, so i figured using 3 large containers, covering them and using smaller, open containers to seperate the plants. I would pump the water from a 600 gallon rainbarrel with probably guppies and an autofeeder to the upper container, using bulkheads to make to flow down to the second and then to the third.

That way the heated water from my rainbarrel would keep the plants relatively warm.

Any idea's or pointing out the flaws to this little project would be very welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome