The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Greggz 120G Rainbow Fish Tank (Saturday Maintenance 11-21-2020)
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Greggz
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew View Post
AWESOME Rainbow Tank!!!! The 120g is a GREAT size for rainbows too!

How large were your fish when you got them? They are quite big now! Also your plant selection goes well with the colors of the bows too!

Subscribed!!!

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!
Drew
Drew, each one of those fish was about the size of a minnow when I purchased them, under two inches. And at that size, they have little or no color.

In general they are slow growers, and take literally years to fully mature and color up. Takes patience and some advance planning, as you can't really go out and buy a tank of mature bows.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr740 View Post
Very nice looking tank, awesome rainbows. Great job on the stand too. Im sure those plans will be very helpful to some folks.
Burr740 glad to hear from you. Tanks like yours are the reason I went high tech. You really do create living art. I don't have the "green thumb" that you do but am getting better all the time. The tricky part is I need to leave some room for the Bows to swim, so I have to balance that.

As far as the stand goes, I appreciate the nice comment. It was a great project. I learned a lot and would be happy to help out/share with anyone who goes in this direction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome