GLA MINI-SS Paintball CO2 Regulator - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By xjclassic
  • 2 Post By xjclassic
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Baltimore, OH
Posts: 168
GLA MINI-SS Paintball CO2 Regulator

Does anyone have any experience with this new paintball setup from GLA? I just placed an order for one and I am very excited. I anticipate incredible quality based on GLA's reputation.

GLA MINI-SS Paintball CO2 Regulator | Green Leaf Aquariums

Last edited by xjclassic; 11-12-2015 at 04:57 AM. Reason: typo
xjclassic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 06:16 AM
Honeycomb Master
 
Centromochlus's Avatar
 
PTrader: (122/100%)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 6,770
This is a very new product (I think it was just released a few weeks ago), so i doubt you'll find many people who have first-hand experience. Very neat looking regulator though. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!
Centromochlus is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Baltimore, OH
Posts: 168
I looked about 4 months ago and he was still carrying the Atomic ones. Almost ordered one of those, in fact that is what I went back to get. Glad I didn't. Being that new would explain why I couldn't find any info anywhere on it. Shipped today, will let you guys know what I think when it gets here.
xjclassic is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Baltimore, OH
Posts: 168
Just received the Mini-SS regulator. All I can say at this point is WOW. It is built like a tank. Will add a full review after install and a little bit of use.
xjclassic is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
irishspy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, third door on the left
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjclassic View Post
Just received the Mini-SS regulator. All I can say at this point is WOW. It is built like a tank. Will add a full review after install and a little bit of use.
Now that you've had it for a few months, what do you think of it? I'm thinking of getting one, myself.

----
2x20-longs, one heavily planted. Platy rancher. They. Won't. Stop. Breeding.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
irishspy is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Baltimore, OH
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
Now that you've had it for a few months, what do you think of it? I'm thinking of getting one, myself.
This thing is great. Set and forget. The 24oz tanks give me just over two months using s reactor. If you are in the market and it fits into your budget get it. You will not be disappointed.
irishspy and irishspy like this.
xjclassic is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
irishspy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, third door on the left
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjclassic View Post
This thing is great. Set and forget. The 24oz tanks give me just over two months using s reactor. If you are in the market and it fits into your budget get it. You will not be disappointed.
Thanks, much appreciated!

----
2x20-longs, one heavily planted. Platy rancher. They. Won't. Stop. Breeding.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
irishspy is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 AM
Planted Member
 
ibebian's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjclassic View Post
This thing is great. Set and forget. The 24oz tanks give me just over two months using s reactor. If you are in the market and it fits into your budget get it. You will not be disappointed.
Thinking of this one as well. I've got a few questions, would be much appreciated if you could give your experience

1) Are you noticing any end of tank dumps?
2) Do you feel like the needle valve is very precise and granular to get very low bubble count (like 1 bubble per 3 seconds)?
3) After setting the needle valve, is it stable and basically stays at exactly that bps?

Thanks in advance!
ibebian is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Baltimore, OH
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibebian View Post
Thinking of this one as well. I've got a few questions, would be much appreciated if you could give your experience

1) Are you noticing any end of tank dumps?
2) Do you feel like the needle valve is very precise and granular to get very low bubble count (like 1 bubble per 3 seconds)?
3) After setting the needle valve, is it stable and basically stays at exactly that bps?

Thanks in advance!
Had no end of tank dump on the first two tanks I ran through it. GLA from my experience doesn't have this issue with single stage regulators. As far as the needle valve, it the same one they use on some of the full size regulators. It is very precise and easy to adjust. Only downside to the regulator is no gauge to monitor tank pressure. Working pressure starts to drop as tank gets low so you do get a warning. Hope this helps, it is a really nice paintball rig.
irishspy and irishspy like this.
xjclassic is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 05:28 PM
Planted Member
 
ibebian's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjclassic View Post
Had no end of tank dump on the first two tanks I ran through it. GLA from my experience doesn't have this issue with single stage regulators. As far as the needle valve, it the same one they use on some of the full size regulators. It is very precise and easy to adjust. Only downside to the regulator is no gauge to monitor tank pressure. Working pressure starts to drop as tank gets low so you do get a warning. Hope this helps, it is a really nice paintball rig.
Thank you, definitely helps! At this point it's between a full size dual stage co2Art for about $140 vs. the tiny profile mini-SS at $184, vs. the lowest end GLA GRO-1 at $205. It's a little less about price for me but more about the best option for the long run and getting the most for my money.

Did you opt for the additional LED on the solenoid? If so, was this worth it and helpful?
ibebian is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome