Clippard New DV, old Mouse solenoids and the 15490-5 manifold - Page 6 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 03:20 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
If I was to order one of these DV solenoids with manifold, do I want the .052 or .070 orifice? Or does it not matter?
Dead2fall is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1
Hi Bettatail,,,,new to Co2 but I've been doing months of research, deep research!! I was thinking about buying a dual stage stainless steel from GLA for 505.00 and that doesn't include shipping. From what I've found out so far I can get a Victor VTS-253D-320 dual stage and have someone from this forum build it with the best solenoid,needle valve ect.. . I'm hoping you're available to do it when I'm ready,,,I'm setting up an ADA 120p , Archaea lighting, my par will be around 35-40 at substrate level,,,thanks,,,,Birdman
tyupshaw is offline  
post #78 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 03:47 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Joshism's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 476
I want to see someone's regulator with the Clippard DV-2M-12 solenoid. I'm thinking about getting it for my personal regulator.

http://www.clippard.com/static/image...1b16be-900.jpg
Joshism is offline  
 
post #79 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 03:07 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
The DV is bigger than the mouse. They have one out now that's smaller than the mouse and sort of looks like the DV just not as nice @Joshism.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458612372328.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	608673  

Dead2fall is offline  
post #80 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 03:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
FlyingHellFish's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,388
^ Hey!!! Very nice set up, those small manifold look way better than the larger DV ones. Did you go with the smaller orifice? I'm guessing a smaller orifice would be better, like with needle valves. With such a small difference, it probably wouldn't matter too much. Gorgeous solenoid, I wouldn't even mind paying retail for that.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
FlyingHellFish is offline  
post #81 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 04:45 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
^ Hey!!! Very nice set up, those small manifold look way better than the larger DV ones. Did you go with the smaller orifice? I'm guessing a smaller orifice would be better, like with needle valves. With such a small difference, it probably wouldn't matter too much. Gorgeous solenoid, I wouldn't even mind paying retail for that.
The one on my rig is the DV. The new smaller one wasn't yet available at the time sadly. I don't really remember which orifice I chose when I ordered it, but I don't think it really makes much different as it's only on/off and not controlling flow like the metering valve.

The smaller ones are the EM series. About an inch tall, 3/4 diameter, same 10/32 out for the manifold.
Dead2fall is offline  
post #82 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
Here's a pic of one, sorry mods Tapatalk wouldn't let me attach in edit mode for some reason! Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1458618741272.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  9.5 KB
Dead2fall is offline  
post #83 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:05 AM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 21
Hey guys. I bought a mouse solenoid on fleabay with no v/c adapter.


Does anyone know what outlet adapter I should be pairing with this solenoid?
TIA!
liquid_krystale is offline  
post #84 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:24 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_krystale View Post
Hey guys. I bought a mouse solenoid on fleabay with no v/c adapter.


Does anyone know what outlet adapter I should be pairing with this solenoid?
TIA!
It's either 12v or 24v. Any cheap adapter will do, I prefer the slimmer style ones. Doesn't look like it's marked. Check the description on the auction and see if it says anything. If there's any other markings, ET-2M-12(12v), -24(24v).
Dead2fall is offline  
post #85 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:55 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Joshism's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2fall View Post
The DV is bigger than the mouse. They have one out now that's smaller than the mouse and sort of looks like the DV just not as nice @Joshism.
I prefer the DV over the EM, even though the DV is bigger. Oh well, I just ordered 3 DV's from a local Clippard distributor, so we'll see how it goes. I wish the wiring was cleaner though. Maybe a stylish cable plug would be nice.
Joshism is offline  
post #86 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:58 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshism View Post
I prefer the DV over the EM, even though the DV is bigger. Oh well, I just ordered 3 DV's from a local Clippard distributor, so we'll see how it goes. I wish the wiring was cleaner though. Maybe a stylish cable plug would be nice.
The DV is configurable with the small cable connector plug instead of the spade terminals.

I think we use the spade style because it's stronger and less likely to get jacked up.
Dead2fall is offline  
post #87 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 06:04 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Joshism's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 476
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2fall View Post
The DV is configurable with the small cable connector plug instead of the spade terminals.

I think we use the spade style because it's stronger and less likely to get jacked up.
How does one go about finding such a small cable connector plug?
Joshism is offline  
post #88 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2fall View Post
It's either 12v or 24v. Any cheap adapter will do, I prefer the slimmer style ones. Doesn't look like it's marked. Check the description on the auction and see if it says anything. If there's any other markings, ET-2M-12(12v), -24(24v).
Unfortunately it isn't marked, and the seller did not list the voltage nor reply to my inquiry.

Any way to find out short of testing it?
liquid_krystale is offline  
post #89 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_krystale View Post
Unfortunately it isn't marked, and the seller did not list the voltage nor reply to my inquiry.

Any way to find out short of testing it?
Start with 12vdc and see if it clicks
Dead2fall is offline  
post #90 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Dead2fall's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nj
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshism View Post
How does one go about finding such a small cable connector plug?
Just choose the "wire leads" option instead of spade terminals.

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk
Dead2fall is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome