worst idea ever

http://www.vivoworld.com/whatisvivo/vivo_video.asp

gold fish torture tanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
It's sort of like treating goldfish as you might swimming gerbils.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to garuf
mmm gerbils naturaly live in chambers, goldfish dont
its realy very sad i think especaily from interpet of all people!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
what the crud is that? looks like torture
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
while the obstacle course is unnatural, and could even be inhumane if the plastic edges were sharp, at least it's completely removable, and you can then use this item as any little plastic nano tank. the instructions also set a strict size and quantity limit on what fish you should use, which may prevent fish from getting stuck in any tight spots around this course, assuming the human consumer actually follows the suggested size and quantity limits. given how many people overstock small tanks, or put huge fish in small tanks, the limitations put on owners of this product is of little comfort.

what actually is humane about this item is the built in maintenance computer which tells the owner when to feed, and do various cleaning chores. considering how many newbie goldfish owners over feed their fish, and under maintain their tanks, this computer gimmick may save a lot of fish in the long run. so actually this might be a good gift for someone who got a free goldfish at school; just be sure to first remove and destroy the obstacle course and never let the kids see the packaging.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Mmm, strictly speaking, goldfish don't live anywhere naturally...their ancestors did but...

But yes, extremely small places are quite cruel...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 04:49 AM

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spypet View Post
what actually is humane about this item is the built in maintenance computer
I actually agree with this portion of it! As for the rest of the product, if used within proportion and properly, it may be an "okay" teaching tool. I have met WAY TOO MANY ADULTS at PetSmart and other LFS's that have NO CLUE what they are doing!

I just met a guy the other day that just bought a 29G from PetSmart with 8 Angelfish and a few goldfish and then had algae issues! He was back to purchase 4 plecos to take care of the algae because someone told him that they ate algae! The person there was just about to bag them up when I had to pull him to the side and explain bio-load and such to him. It took me 5 minutes to explain and now he understand "a little"... Pretty sad! He told me he would bring some of the Angelfish and Gold Fish back there and the girl said that was ok to do and that he would pick up a couple of ottos. I handed him a Freshwater Aquarium for Dummies book and told him to read a little of that if nothing else!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 AM

"u guyz think i can has a tiger oscer in there lol?"

j/k ;D

-Rich
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
zos

PTrader: (1/100%)
Looks like a cross between a coffee maker and a gerbil cage. All it needs now is an iPod dock and the lights can synchronize to your favorite music, the fish will love that! Seriously, this thing is idiotic.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM

PTrader: (11/100%)
That tank definitely no for goldfish (those goldfish they are showing in the film are WAY too big), but maybe something else? Would shrimp or crayfish like it? It definitely has some good points to it (and I can see my daughter liking the doll house configuration).

Tina
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 04:33 PM

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zos View Post
Looks like a cross between a coffee maker and a gerbil cage. All it needs now is an iPod dock and the lights can synchronize to your favorite music, the fish will love that! Seriously, this thing is idiotic.
I can just see someone designing that, wasn't there a post here earlier that the fishes movements would generate music with some device?

Tina

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode