• 3 Post By psych
  • 1 Post By Darkblade48
  • 1 Post By KayakJimW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
jebo 1 yr update

Well it's been almost 1 yr with 828 cansister so here's my update.
So far nothing has broken on it. It is still extremely quiet , even with me using it a Co2 reactor. My flow is still good though I also am running a 9 watt coralife turbotwist UVS.

Here is my maintenance schedule I use for it.
1) Once a month( a few times been 6 weeks) new floss, rinse other media in tank water.
2) Every three months clean impellor, wipe canister interior out and run brush through tubing.
3) Once this year take apart impellor housing and thorough brush out with bottle brush.

Is this about average for cansisters?
I did have to buy new output tubing as my coralife did not like thicker walled jebo tubing.( although it did kink a lot less easier then the eheim tubing I used to replace it with)

Btw after running my coralife UVS for 9 months now it still has accumalted so much as a spec of anything inside. The quartz sleeve looks as clean as the day I got it.
So overall I would say I am very happy with this filter especially considering a similiar eheim would hace cost me in vancouver 3x what I paid which allowed me to get my 119.00 CAD turbotwist UVS.
Cheers
Botia

15 tall
with pressurized c02 jebo 828 , 9w turbotwist uv. up-aqua co2 atomizer16/22
& small yoyo and striata loaches and praecox rainbows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

14 yr update!! This filter is still working fine. I have replaced some valves and gaskets over the years but its still ticking along.

15 tall
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
I don't know if I'm more impressed that you remembered making this thread fourteen years ago, that you took the time to find it, that you cared enough to update us, that the site is still around, or that you're even still in the hobby. I love it all.

Certainly seems like you've gotten your monies worth out of this filter. Congratulations on extending its life span so long. Do they still sell parts for that thing? How does it run in comparison to those early years?

When it finally dies, you should make a memorial for it in your back yard in celebration of a life well lived.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:09 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
I definitely am impressed as well! Taking the time to give us an update after 14 years!
Quesenek likes this.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
BOTIA is around for the long haul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTIA View Post
Here is my maintenance schedule I use for it.
1) Once a month( a few times been 6 weeks) new floss, rinse other media in tank water.
2) Every three months clean impellor, wipe canister interior out and run brush through tubing.
3) Once this year take apart impellor housing and thorough brush out with bottle brush.

Is this about average for cansisters?
Definitely on the longer side of average... I'm sure your diligent care in maintenance has a lot to do with it. I had a long term relationship with a Marineland H.O.T. Magnum for over 10 years and I thought that was a pretty long time. Lost her last year, broke my heart

Willing to bet most hobbyists don't stay true to their filters til they die though. Not including folks who do zero maintenance and run them into the ground... People move and sell their setups, upgrade tanks and filters, sell old ones to get new ones, or leave the hobby altogether. I'd say most aquarium hobbyists don't see their filter's final days, only true ballers do
Quesenek likes this.

92% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

jebo 1 yr update

Yup I'm in long in it for long haul, the jebo has never been restarted with fresh media, still the same stuff in it except top basket gets floss and a phosphate pad. I just moved my tank downstairs what a PIA and set it up with a new tank a A fivestar Aqua brand 16 gallon , similar to a 15 tall (19.5 wide 11 deep and 18 high with bent glass front fron corners. Still running pressurized co2, uv turbotwist uv and two nicrew 18w planted tank led units 30$ each. Lost of light and plants are pearling

My crypyts of course are melting because of the move the rest are doing ok so far.

3 Praecox

2 Botia Kubotai

2 stupid guppies
This is 3 days after the move

I really miss having a 75 G tank but no room these days ..

15 tall

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode