How to build a co2 regulator [56k!] - Page 51 - The Planted Tank Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #751 of 768 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Any chance on this post being rewritten? All of the images are missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 768 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Planted Member

imgur is a great photo host if you used it instead of photobucket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #753 of 768 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (52/100%)
I concur. It would be great if someone with experience could provide new pics.

post #754 of 768 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 06:11 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Took a couple of days but I finally made it through all 51 pages of this thread. I agree that it would be nice to have the pics back
post #755 of 768 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
There was a problem with that particular photobucket account. I ain't doing that again. It took like whole Saturday lol.

What would Honey Badger do?
post #756 of 768 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:18 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
You did a great job of breaking things down to where someone like me who has never messed around with regulators could understand how to assemble one. Thanks for taking the time to do it for us noobs
post #757 of 768 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Guys, any chance somebody has the fist page saved with all the pictures, please!
Bad that the ...bucket guys decided to shut down the show. thanks in advance.

46 Bowfront:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAPS - Chicago Aquatic Plant Society
post #758 of 768 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 04:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
Guys, any chance somebody has the fist page saved with all the pictures, please!

Bad that the ...bucket guys decided to shut down the show. thanks in advance.

What do you need help with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #759 of 768 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
nothing in particular, just wanted to have the pictures with the details, how things are connected, which part where etc. it was a very nice write-up.

46 Bowfront:

CAPS - Chicago Aquatic Plant Society
post #760 of 768 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 07:08 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Tubing Connection Question

Hello,
Long time lurker...first time question. For connecting CO2 tubing to a 1/4" tube connection on a metering valve. I see that some attach the tubing straight into the 1/4" tube connection off the metering valve. Could someone from experience tell me:
1. Do you install a tube sleeve inside the tubing to keep it from crushing & creating leaks or is CO2 tubing rigid enough to hold?
2. Do you install the tubing ferrules over the 1/4 tubing?
3. How does your setup stand when you remove the tubing and reattach? Leaking issues?
4. How does this stand up to push to connect or barb options?
Thanks so much for any advise you have from experience!!
Kensho and Kensho like this.
post #761 of 768 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 10:43 AM
Algae Grower

I don't want to hijack this theard that OldPunk put so much work into, but I need immediate help. If this is the wrong place to put this just says so and I'll moved it to the suggested spot.

I bought a Harris Specialty Gas GP702-125-346-A regulator for about $30. I really didn't even know what I was buying at the time (never done co2), but since it appeared to be in great shape for cheap I just grabbed from a government surplus situation. After buying it I saw the "non-corrosive gases only" sticker. Have I blown the money and need to start over again?

From what I've learned now about this model is it is chrome-plated brass with a stainless steel diaphragm. It has a needle valve.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/a...9&d=1581071953

If that won't work, I have a deal to get a VWR Scientific regulator w/needle valve and 20# bottle for $130.

Thanks in advance.
post #762 of 768 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 01:30 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.TNBuckeye View Post
I don't want to hijack this theard that OldPunk put so much work into, but I need immediate help. If this is the wrong place to put this just says so and I'll moved it to the suggested spot.

I bought a Harris Specialty Gas GP702-125-346-A regulator for about $30. I really didn't even know what I was buying at the time (never done co2), but since it appeared to be in great shape for cheap I just grabbed from a government surplus situation. After buying it I saw the "non-corrosive gases only" sticker. Have I blown the money and need to start over again?

From what I've learned now about this model is it is chrome-plated brass with a stainless steel diaphragm. It has a needle valve.

If that won't work, I have a deal to get a VWR Scientific regulator w/needle valve and 20# bottle for $130.

Thanks in advance.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/2...beginners.html
Bettatail likes this.

post #763 of 768 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 04:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (89/98%)
where is oldpunk, I miss him.
he wrote this thread because the competition at the time to claim who is best in this DIY field. well, I started the metering valve selection thread and he beat me on the build thread(actually a couple days before mine was ready to publish), then I had to discard my how to build guiding thread- there was no point making a similar thread if oldpunk's was good enough to cover the topic, at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.TNBuckeye View Post

Thanks in advance.
no problem with co2, co2 is pseudo inert gas.

this is a good regulator, but the output pressure is low, you can only use it with a reactor. it may work with a regular diffuser but a atomizer type will not.
(my bad, I mistook the part number)
the outlet valve on this regulator can not handle the precision(flow rate) for our co2 application, need a precision flow control metering valve.

I just dig a pic from my photobucket, same regulator

Last edited by Bettatail; 05-10-2020 at 06:48 AM. Reason: correction
post #764 of 768 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 06:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Josh is in my Facebook Planted Tank group. I donít think heís building anymore. I miss that HellFlyingFish guy from Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #765 of 768 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 11:40 PM

Thank you for this info

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode