The Planted Tank Forum banner

$1 a gallon sale is back!

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  yellowsno 
#1 ·
i talked to a dude at petco and he said the $1 a gallon sale starts either tomorrow or next weekend! i don't know if it's going on nationwide but it is in San Diego. BAM! 40 breeder here i come!

#4 ·
Good deal, but have too many tanks now.

missed the January $1 per gallon sale, but picked up 3 30G breeder tanks and 1 20G the second week after, all free, bottom drilled and are in good condition.
Build a rack for 3 30G, and use the 20G as sump for the main tank.
now the 3 30G gathering mosquito in the backyard ....:icon_redf

10 tanks total...
only 4 in use.
4 of them with stagnated water(ignored)
1 empty
1 empty, and has crack.

#6 ·
I usually see 20g long's at my local PetSmart for $33, I believe. I'd love a 40g breeder, though. I'll have to stop by PetCo tomorrow.

As exciting as cheap tanks are, though, just remember that the tank itself is a fraction, sometimes a very small fraction, of the total cost of a setup, even without flora or fauna. Heck, I bought a 90g off Craigslist for $100, and the stand, filtration, and lgihting will *each* cost more than I paid for the tank. And don't forget the CO2 system.

And yet, I won't be the first person to go out tomorrow and buy a cheap tank, just because it's cheap :)

#7 ·
lol, yeah kevmo, the cheap tanks BECKON.

I might end up buying some 20 longs and tossing the other tanks in the trash (or more likely the shed)

Damn them and their sales!

I'm lucky, I have about 20 bags of fluval shrimp substrate that no one is interested in buying, so I'm set on substrate for life.

#8 ·
Nice, thanks for the heads up, Shyxa! How are those SR RCS??

Anyway, I have a decent amount of tanks already lol. I have small tanks that consists of hospital/quarantine tanks, dwarf shrimps, and aquatic live food cultures. A lot of good stuff being maintained.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.