Metering(needle) valves selection for our CO2 pressurized system - Page 8 - The Planted Tank Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks very nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herns View Post
Wow, that venier handle is huge! LOL!

Very precise nv.

10 grabs after bettatail post this info. Im sure its gonna be sold out soon.
Ok, I just ordered a second one. I don't need it now but can't resist the price.
post #108 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Plant Clown

PTrader: (32/100%)
You know, if you type in the Evilbay version (the one currently selling for $25) into that site that quotes the $800+ for the 4M/KZ version, you get an estimated retail of $450. And if you substitute "k" for "tc", meaning the same valve with a simple knurled knob versus the turn counter knob, you get an estimated retail of $322. Meaning that either the turn counter knob is worth $128 *more* than the simple knurled knob, or that site is just making stuff up. As "neat" as that turn counter knob is, it's not the best thing since sliced bread. And it's next to useless for us, except as a simple metered handle. I'd bet on the "making stuff up" possibility.

Still, it's probably safe to say that this is a several hundred dollar valve. Awesome value, just not as awesome as a liquidation website suggests.

post #109 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (89/98%)
Glad that the seller stock so many and offering at such low price, it is really good news.

Such large quantity, Will keep the same valves price low for years once enough keep in the hands of hobbyists.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #110 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
If it wasn't for this deal, I don't think I'd spend more than the $35.00 the Fabco sells for. Let's face it, once you have it dialed in, you shouldn't have to adjust it much. Precision adjustment is great but, if you only have to change it once in a blue moon, how much should you spend? Anyway, $25.00 is really a great price, regardless. I really appreciate this thread.
post #111 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo911 View Post
You know, if you type in the Evilbay version (the one currently selling for $25) into that site that quotes the $800+ for the 4M/KZ version, you get an estimated retail of $450. And if you substitute "k" for "tc", meaning the same valve with a simple knurled knob versus the turn counter knob, you get an estimated retail of $322. Meaning that either the turn counter knob is worth $128 *more* than the simple knurled knob, or that site is just making stuff up. As "neat" as that turn counter knob is, it's not the best thing since sliced bread. And it's next to useless for us, except as a simple metered handle. I'd bet on the "making stuff up" possibility.

Still, it's probably safe to say that this is a several hundred dollar valve. Awesome value, just not as awesome as a liquidation website suggests.
I trust PLC, they are industrial parts supplier more than a liquidator, and they don't offer too much discount if the parts are currently circulated model.
And they list the part according to manufacture MSRP/retail price, and tech spec.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #112 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
Well, I got one of these hr3's in today. I must say, it's a really nice valve for our purposes. I'm about 3 turns open at 30psi and my atomizer is making a nice fog. Too bad it's not the angle version. Oh well... For $28 something shipped, it's a wonderful fleabay find.

What would Honey Badger do?
post #113 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbosman View Post
If it wasn't for this deal, I don't think I'd spend more than the $35.00 the Fabco sells for. Let's face it, once you have it dialed in, you shouldn't have to adjust it much. Precision adjustment is great but, if you only have to change it once in a blue moon, how much should you spend? Anyway, $25.00 is really a great price, regardless. I really appreciate this thread.
At the price ratio $25/$800(1/32), fabco has to sell the NV55-18 at $1(1/32) per valve to match this deal.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #114 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
Well, I got one of these hr3's in today. I must say, it's a really nice valve for our purposes. I'm about 3 turns open at 30psi and my atomizer is making a nice fog. Too bad it's not the angle version. Oh well... For $28 something shipped, it's a wonderful fleabay find.

Nice, you are one step ahead, , and we gonna stick on this valves for a while, good news for other hobbists who don't have the equipment to put up a co2 system themselves.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #115 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Plant Clown

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
I trust PLC, they are industrial parts supplier more than a liquidator, and they don't offer too much discount if the parts are currently circulated model.
And they list the part according to manufacture MSRP/retail price, and tech spec.
Okay, this is the last I'll say about the HR3 price.

This is a fantastic deal. This valve outperforms the vast majority of everything we've ever commonly used in this hobby. But I have no qualms about questioning seemingly inaccurate claims. A savings of (not quite) four hundred dollars by replacing a tiny seal and changing the thread gender and size - according to the liquidator's estimated retail price - is ludicrous. And then another $128 for a cheaper handle. So, no, I don't trust the liquidator's estimated retail prices. At least, not this one.

4M-H3L-KZ-SS-TC (1/4" Male, H3 valve, Kalrez seal, SS, turn counter knob)
http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/P...IN/4MH3LKZSSTC
2F-H3L-V-SS-TC (the Evilbay model, with 1/8" Female, H3, regular flourocarbon seal, SS, turn counter knob)
http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/PARKER/2FH3LVSSTC

And then, if you replace the turn counter knob with a regular knurled knob, you get:
2F-H3L-V-SS-K
http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/PARKER/2FH3LVSSK

Okay, I'm done. Get this valve while you can! But you're not allowed to tell yourself you saved eight hundred dollars off the retail. Four hundred at most :P
post #116 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

So it is at $450 retail then, nice, buy two and the saving is $800,lol.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #117 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

pop if you are the lucky one to get one(or two) of these high precision Parker H3L metering valves

and the simplest way to make a post body is:

1. 1/4" male npt to 1/8" male npt reducer/nipple

2. a 1/8" female npt ports solenoid

3. 1/8" male npt to 1/8" male npt elbow

4. The Parker 2F-H3L-V-SS-TC

5. another 1/8" male npt elbow(same as #3) to connect to JBJ style bubble counter
--(or 1/8" male npt to 1/8" ID hose barb connector, connects to air hose and the ADA style inline bubble counter)
--(or 1/8" male npt to 1/4" OD SMC push and pull air hose straight/elbow quick connector, connects to air hose and the ADA style inline bubble counter.)

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #118 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

will look like this:

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #119 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:

5. another 1/8" male npt elbow(same as #3) to connect to JBJ style bubble counter
--(or 1/8" male npt to 1/8" ID hose barb connector, connects to air hose and the ADA style inline bubble counter)
--(or 1/8" male npt to 1/4" OD SMC push and pull air hose straight/elbow quick connector, connects to air hose and the ADA style inline bubble counter.)
Bettatail - What is the solenoid that you linked to & used in your CO2 regulator? It doesn't look like the often mentioned clippord mouse solenoid or the Burkett 6011... Also, where did you get the push to connect type hose connection? I'm guessing you like them more than the type you screw down over the ring?
post #120 of 337 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (362/100%)
Quote:
pop if you are the lucky one to get one(or two) of these high precision Parker H3L metering valves

and the simplest way to make a post body is:

1. 1/4" male npt to 1/8" male npt reducer/nipple

3. 1/8" male npt to 1/8" male npt elbow

4. The Parker 2F-H3L-V-SS-TC

I am looking forward to build this way. Let me know if you have suggestions/ comments.

I have AP reg that the 1/4" port is at 6 O'clock position.

So, from port, 1/4" to 1/8" Bushing > 1/8 male to 1/8 male npt elbow > Burkert Solenoid > 1/8" hex > Parker H3L > 1/8 male to 1/8 male elbow > JBJ bc counter.

thnx

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode