Solenoid Valve - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Solenoid Valve

Hello,

I haven't posted much to this forum, but I need some experienced help. I need to set up a pressurized CO2 system for my tank but need some advice on if it is a good idea to use an inline solenoid valve. Here is an example of one that I would use: [Ebay Link Removed] Now, this is an example, I probably won't buy the cheapest one, but am looking for alternatives towards spending $500 on a bigger system.

I have had problems before with the tubing line rupturing or cracking. I am deeply concerned whether the line will burst from the pressure that builds up from between the regulator and the solenoid. Maybe with a heavy-duty line, it won't.... Is this a viable alternative? Using my older 88g disposable cartridge with regulator and solenoid seems like it's a good start.

Btw, my aquarium is a 32 gallon with moderate plants. I just purchased some more plants and would like to upgrade my CO2 system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 11:25 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/98%)
hi, FlexFanatic
The link is removed. you may just post the item number. do you mean an inline solenoid after the metering valve? if you use co2 proof tubing, that should be fine. why do you want to use an inline solenoid? It's better to use fittings to build the system if you plan to DIY.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode