• 2 Post By SLOBY
  • 1 Post By varanidguy
  • 2 Post By Bettatail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Regulator upgrade help

Hi all, I'm looking to add a splitter to my regulator and I need some help sourcing the correct parts. I have a C02Arts dual stage reg which I have been happy with so far. However the cheap plastic needle valve broke so I want to add a splitter with a meatal needle valves. It looks like I will need some sort of connector to make the splitter work. I have attached pics of what I have. Thanks to all for any help. Sloby

What I was thinking of getting....
https://www.amazon.com/Yosoo-Aquariu...s%2C166&sr=1-7

What I have...

I need some sort of connector I thinks..

The toilet that I'm getting ready to flush...

I plan on running two 10 gallon tanks off of a 10 lbs. tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 04:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

Should be relatively easy. DIY CO2 Regulator should have all the parts you'd need. I'd run two separate bubble counters with two separate needle valves. A 10 lb tank should last you a long while. The parts you'd get from DIY CO2 Regulator would be much higher quality, but essentially the design you linked would be the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 05:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOBY View Post
Hi all, I'm looking to add a splitter to my regulator and I need some help sourcing the correct parts. I have a C02Arts dual stage reg which I have been happy with so far. However the cheap plastic needle valve broke so I want to add a splitter with a meatal needle valves. It looks like I will need some sort of connector to make the splitter work. I have attached pics of what I have. Thanks to all for any help. Sloby

What I was thinking of getting....
https://www.amazon.com/Yosoo-Aquariu...s%2C166&sr=1-7

What I have...

I need some sort of connector I thinks..

The toilet that I'm getting ready to flush...

I plan on running two 10 gallon tanks off of a 10 lbs. tank

the outlet port on the solenoid should be 1/8 NPT. the one on the link below should work for the splitter. The inlet port of the splitter connect to the outlet port of the valve. That's how those splitter intended to use for. You need to use teflon tape when you connect the valve to the 1/8 npt port.

https://www.amazon.com/Needle-Aquari...2782929&sr=8-8

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks all. So the 1/8 NPT should work even though it a foreign made reg? I just want to make sure I order the right parts. Thanks Again for all your help!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 07:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Thanks all. So the 1/8 NPT should work even though it a foreign made reg? I just want to make sure I order the right parts. Thanks Again for all your help!!
"Should work".....
Very tricky words..
Generally the choice would be between NPT and BSPT.
Sadly they "sort of" fit together though they won't seal.

Personally, I'd write to CO2Art to confirm.

Not sure it's very easy to determine the thread size.

Painful lesson of the day: NPT vs. BSPT ? Jeff's Blog

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 09:06 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/98%)
Quote:
Co2art might use something different than NPT. Confirm with them before you order.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I just sent a message to C02Art and I will post here what they answer is.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I just received and answer from C02Art and they stated that it is in fact 1/8 NPT fitting. Thanks to all that replied!
varanidguy and evil8 like this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 08:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
I just received and answer from C02Art and they stated that it is in fact 1/8 NPT fitting. Thanks to all that replied!
Awesome! Glad to see they are willing to communicate that. UNS won't even bother returning e-mails about the same thing.
JohnCO2Art likes this.

|
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 08:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Yea......

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 09:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/98%)
@SLOBY
I have several version of SMC AS1000 needle valves, manifolds and tubing adapters that laying around not in use, you can have a couple of these for free to make inline or mounted type dual outputs. you can pm me your address.
Kubla and varanidguy like this.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
@SLOBY
I have several version of SMC AS1000 needle valves, manifolds and tubing adapters that laying around not in use, you can have a couple of these for free to make inline or mounted type dual outputs. you can pm me your address.
Thank you so much! That is very kind of you. I have a splitter and needle valve being delivered today. If they wont work I may take you up on your generous offer
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2020, 08:42 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
@SLOBY

I forgot I made one with smc needle valves. It wasn’t very many.

Tags
c02 regulator, splitter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode