2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bettatail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Talking Thank you: Bettatail's custom build CO2 regulator

This is a long over due shout out.

I'm setting up a new tank, was looking for a good CO2 regulator and luckily came across some posts on this forum about custom built stuff and reputable makers like @Bettatail.

Even though I've been involved in planted tanks for many years, never knew such things existed, and I'm glad I found out and got an awesome regulator from him.

A few things deserved a shout out
  • Dealing with him was a pleasure. I changed my mind and wanted to get some extra bits to turn the regulator I got into one with mounted bubble counter etc... it was a lot of back and forth. All the way he was super helpful, patient, and courteous. Amazing dude.
  • Quality - oh my it's nice. I set up a couple of CO2 systems before, using aquarium commercial (Aquatek I think) regulators, and this is a WORLD difference. I'm amaze at the build quality, the smooth turn of the needle valve and how it holds bubble rate just SO constant. Awesomeness.

I would highly recommend anyone looking for regulators to get custom builds from reputable builders on this forum like bettatail.

Last edited by geekindenial; 09-14-2020 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Try to link to user name properly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 10:10 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
I second this. I was looking for a needle valve or metering valve for decent prices. Even sent @Bettatail asking for a specific brand. Sadly he didn't have what I was looking for. Fast forward about 2 weeks later. He gives me a headsup on some very nice metering valves, and passes the deal onto me. Thanks again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 04:06 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
Thirded!!

I have two regs built by Bettatail and agree that he is a class act all the way.

Plastic, yuck!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 05:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/98%)
guys, no vendor review, :P

I build DIY co2 system as another hobby, sell them to off load my hobby expenses, that is about it. I wish the sale could at least cover partial expenses for my photography gears though, but not quite,
Econde and sudhirr like this.

Canon Pimp Club #17

Last edited by Bettatail; 09-15-2020 at 05:28 AM. Reason: grammar

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode