• 3 Post By IKeepShrimp
  • 2 Post By fish+plants
  • 1 Post By atm424

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Rimless 10G Recommendations

Hey there folks. Name is pretty self explanatory. Looking to add another tank in my life and want something to go in the nook in the kitchen and will look pretty. Figured a nice little rimless shrimp tank will fit the bill nicely. Only problem is I can't seem to find any in my local shops. Was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for 10 gallon rimless tanks that I could find on the web or perhaps search for some more around here. I've looked up a few on Amazon but they are from some pretty sketchy dealers and fairly expensive as well. This hobby can be expensive sometimes but I still like to be economical when I can

Last edited by IKeepShrimp; 09-08-2020 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Grammar stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 11:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I have this tank in my kitchen (5.4 gallon) and I think for the price it is very nice. I actually purchased it at a lfs, but Marine Depot has it with Free Shipping. I think there is a 15% discount as well with email sign-up for newsletter.

https://www.marinedepot.com/lifegard...ear-5-4-gallon
fish+plants and IKeepShrimp like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 12:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Might be worth checking out waterbox, $90 + tax and free shipping at least inside the US.
IKeepShrimp and EBoneCapone like this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 01:47 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Aqueon released a rimless 10 gallon recently; I think you can pick it up at both petsmart and petco. It has a frame around the bottom but not the top.

I found a lot of very nice and more unique frameless tanks on a website called sevenports the other day, but I have no idea about them as a company so can't vouch for their credibility!
IKeepShrimp likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hmm, decisions decisions. The Waterbox and the marinedepot tank are close in price, with the waterbox being about 10 bucks more but carrying that brand recognition (I'm far from an expert but I've heard a lot of buzz around waterbox). I think I've seen some videos of the tank you are referring to Discus if its the one I'm thinking of from your posts around here and it does look quite nice... On the other hand if https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...-tank-aquarium is the tank germanblueramlover is referring to its half the price but with a bottom frame and I assume less fancy glass. Before I throw down on one of the more expensive ones I'll pop by a Petco on the other side of town that has one of those Aqueon's in stock just to check it out. Really appreciate the advice guys!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 12:15 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have 3 of the lifegard, all from marine depot, they have all been great! My local petco also carries them.

Bump: I have 3 of the lifegard, all from marine depot, they have all been great! My local petco also carries them.
Discusluv and IKeepShrimp like this.

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Algae Grower

If you are looking to put it in an area that doesn't have much space beneath and don't want the HOB look you could go for an all-in-one from UNS or Lifegard. I believe Lifegard has full back and peninsula styles available. The UNS 45A is 9gal including filter volume. They are a little more expensive, but you do not need to purchase a filter or find a place to put the filter.

-AM
IKeepShrimp likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 03:38 AM
Algae Grower

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...eless-aquarium

fully frameless Theres also a 21g for a lil more
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 07:45 PM
Algae Grower

This time around I spent the extra $ for a low-iron tank. At this size, itís not that much more expensive.

Marine Depot sells a really nice one for under $80. The difference between standard and low-iron is really worth it ó especially in high-traffic areas where the tank will get a lot of attention.

https://www.marinedepot.com/lifegard...ear-9-6-gallon

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode