Intake/output choice - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Intake/output choice

Hi, I have a Fluval 207 filter but hate the input and output tubes and hose. What could I use other than glass lily pipes?

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 01:25 AM
Planted Member

They're not the prettiest are they! I have the same filter and keep meaning to change to glass lily pipes, but the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet are pretty effective so not yet got round to this. You can change the black ridged hose to standard tubing (Google will give you various guides and Youtube videos on doing this), then use whatever inlet and outlet you like best.

What exactly is it that you hate about the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet, and why not glass lily pipes? That might help someone give you specific recommendations if you can narrow down a bit what sort of thing you are looking for.

Regards, James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en7jos View Post
They're not the prettiest are they! I have the same filter and keep meaning to change to glass lily pipes, but the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet are pretty effective so not yet got round to this. You can change the black ridged hose to standard tubing (Google will give you various guides and Youtube videos on doing this), then use whatever inlet and outlet you like best.

What exactly is it that you hate about the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet, and why not glass lily pipes? That might help someone give you specific recommendations if you can narrow down a bit what sort of thing you are looking for.

Regards, James
The fluval hose tank holders are UGLY and difficult to use. I tried the ss lily pipes but they are very long which requires the hose to be very short thus cumbersome to handle and I am leery of the cleaning required of glass. It is only a 17 gallon tank so I don't need anything specific. I did not think about just using the Fluval in and out tubes; how would I hold these to the tank without those rim connectors?

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 01:21 PM
Planted Member

Make your own - search for "Hard line tube bending for PC cooling" on you tube. You can use the same method for making custom inlet and out let tubes.

-Preeths
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2020, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Nice idea, but I am not that handy!

Any one have a recommendation of intake and outake pieces I can buy to fit, other than lily pipes? Someone did recommend a duck bill for the output; how does that fit over the rim of a rimless tank? And what input can be used?

Fish+Plants thanks you!!
Michigan

Last edited by fish+plants; 09-05-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: more info
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 05:50 PM
Planted Member

Check out LocLine nozzles.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode