• 1 Post By Bryan_
  • 1 Post By Bryan_

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Salifert Freshwater Nitrate Test Kit

Hello:

Wondering if anyone has used the Salifert "Freshwater" test kit. Any pro's and con's with it. easy to read, seem somewhat accurate ?. I am referring to their newer freshwater version, not the older saltwater/freshwater kit.
Deanna likes this.

-=Bryan=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 02:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
Hello:

Wondering if anyone has used the Salifert "Freshwater" test kit. Any pro's and con's with it. easy to read, seem somewhat accurate ?. I am referring to their newer freshwater version, not the older saltwater/freshwater kit.
I don't think that anyone was aware of this new entry. Thanks for posting. I currently use the older version and will try this the next time I buy a nitrate kit.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Probably just changed the packaging to appeal to the freshwater/planted side as their test kits where always aimed at saltwater hobbyists.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
Probably just changed the packaging to appeal to the freshwater/planted side as their test kits where always aimed at saltwater hobbyists.
I am thinking the same, Freshwater still dominates so makes sense to specifically market a kit for the fw crowd.

-=Bryan=-
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 10:32 PM
Algae Grower

Its the same test. So just buy whichever is cheaper. I noticed it's a few dollars more expensive than the regular SW version. They are identical.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here is two pics of the FW and Marine versions. The color charts are different. Could be a case of the reagents are the same, but a different water volume sample. Enough to say it's different. The FW kit is about 25% cheaper, at least around here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	901153
Asteroid likes this.

-=Bryan=-
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
Here is two pics of the FW and Marine versions. The color charts are different. Could be a case of the reagents are the same, but a different water volume sample. Enough to say it's different. The FW kit is about 25% cheaper, at least around here.

Attachment 901153
Thanks for sharing that. It will definitely help sell more. I remember I was hesitant purchasing the saltwater one for fresh, but there were a ton of people here using it so I did.

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode