• 1 Post By ProndFarms
  • 1 Post By EdWiser
  • 1 Post By Aqua_Splendor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Dosing pump

Can anyone recommend a three pump or more dosing pump for adding fertilizer.

I had been using the Jebao one but in just over a year of use the screen died and it no longer works.

I am considering buying another brand but it seem like it will be at least twice as much so if the quality is not much better I might as well just try my luck at the Jebao one again.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" border="0" />
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
GHL ones tend to last quite a bit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
BeastlyFern likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 07:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (72/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
I've had the Jebao DP4 running for a year and it does a pretty good job although I hate that you have to "hack" it so it doses on alternate days. I looked at new dosers with programmable settings but they are expensive. Just noticed Jebao has a new wi-fi enabled doser that might work so it would be good to see how that holds up. They're cheap compared to other brands so I don't mind putting this for a try
BeastlyFern likes this.

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 10:36 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Stick with the Jebao. They are an excellent value for the money, though I would tend to chalk your experience up to bad luck.

There are certainly upgrades as you've figured out already, but they come at a much higher price. I would highly recommend the Kamoer pumps if you want to go that route.

Good luck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
BeastlyFern likes this.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have used dosing pumps for years. I use GHL. I have 6 dosers that I use for ATO and additives for aquariums. They are reliable and you can buy the parts for them if after a time you need to repair them. I donít buy into the cheap then throw away culture.
BeastlyFern likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I can afford a GHL unfortunately (600 in Canada). I figure that one would last
but I could buy the coral box 4 pump wifi. But not sure if it is worth the price tag. 230 vs 88 for the jebao. Looks like it would be better constructed for sure but you never really know.

Might try it.

" border="0" />
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Algae Grower

Here is the thing, the Jebao dosing pump Dp-4 is an anomaly in aquarium equipment, it's ULTRA cheap for what it does.
I don't know if you saw my video about on Youtube, I talk about it. Right now I also have another dosing pump from EcoTech but this is invert of price, most expansive, but reliable and lot of control.

I think the Coral Box 4 pump wifi is a really great alternative for the price. To be honest, I don't really care about Wifi, I don't change much the setting and changing the setting on my Jebao is MUCH fast than any App with smartphone.
BeastlyFern likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua_Splendor View Post
Here is the thing, the Jebao dosing pump Dp-4 is an anomaly in aquarium equipment, it's ULTRA cheap for what it does.
I don't know if you saw my video about on Youtube, I talk about it. Right now I also have another dosing pump from EcoTech but this is invert of price, most expansive, but reliable and lot of control.

I think the Coral Box 4 pump wifi is a really great alternative for the price. To be honest, I don't really care about Wifi, I don't change much the setting and changing the setting on my Jebao is MUCH fast than any App with smartphone.
Yeah I don't really care about the wifi, would almost prefer a screen but want my pump to last longer. Maybe I just was unlucky.

" border="0" />
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 06:56 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastlyFern View Post
Yeah I don't really care about the wifi, would almost prefer a screen but want my pump to last longer. Maybe I just was unlucky.
I would consider you unlucky as well; the majority of people have not had an issue with the Jebao dosers. I typically shy away from 'cheapy' type equipment, this one I would recommend simply because it is so reliable. Additionally, you could buy this pump 4-5 times over again for what one of the higher the dosers cost.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 07:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (72/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
for planted tanks I think once you have the right levels set you don't really need to adjust things too often so wifi and ease of use is not rated as a high need.

for reef where things need to be adjusted more frequently then this would be a good feature.

I don't mind putting the pain for 15 mins to set up the doser and then leaving it as is

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode